Time my way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maidrite

Contest Winner
We were taking a friend home, and we came across a yard sale. This is one of my finds and my favorite of the lot. Am I the only nut that likes clocks and watches?
This is a west germany clock that is a wind up, it seems to be a 72 hour clock. It is about 12 inches tall. The pendulum is just like the full size clocks
Best part is it works great:cool:

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 150
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 161
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 149
All the clocks in your photo look great, James!

I bet you and Barbara have a houseful of interesting, beautiful, weird and wonderful finds!

Lee

Being a German/Dutch girl myself, I think it's beautiful. Does it chime on the hour?

I am part German/Dutch as well that was my Fathers side.
No this one deosn't but I do have some that do. I love working on old clocks and things.

Thank you all for your Kind comments.
Hugs and Love,
James

My husband collects clocks. Midnight is a killer here when they are slightly off! He spends a good deal of "time" on Sundays going around winding them all. I do admit that I love them too.

oh, I have a thing for "old ladies" watches, the kind you need to wind everyday. I forced myself to stop looking on eBay when I reached 6 purchases...but I use them and have two very nice watches, one 14k gold..

When I took wood working in high school one of my projects was to make a clock which was a great experience, but it really just focussed on making the wood frame surrounding the mechanical components. My son has always been interested in gears, and mechanical things, so i looked on the internet and found a site that sold kits to make clocks that were %100 made from wood. Here are a few pics of the final product. My son doesnt collect clocks, but watches. He even has a watch that is a miniature Stonehenge. You place this little pole in it, direct it north , and the shadow tells you what time it is.

Attachments

• of=50,332,442.jpeg
    of=50,332,442.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 134
  • of=50,332,442-1.jpeg
    of=50,332,442-1.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 145
Thank you, I really liked it as soon as I seen it. I was lucky I found the pendulum it was laying about three feet away and was under some stuff.

then it is true? Seek and you will find! Good for you! Sure is unique. Clocks are one thing every person needs. Except for my family, t hey tell me they don't have to wear a watch as they have time on would you believe cell phone? I like things when they were simple. Doesn't require anything to look at a watch. I do appreciate I can still tell what time it is without turning something on. Happy for you Maidrite!

I think it is simply beautiful Maidrite!!! Great find!!! Larry, that clock you have there is wayyyy cool!!

Your clocks are beautiful!
I love clocks and watches. I have a small collection of watches, a grandfather clock (it's beautiful with beveled glass). My mom has a couple of clocks on her wall that I will get someday, but no hurry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom