Finger Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
I am having a football party this weekend. I like to serve finger foods because of the hit and run style of being able to eat and watch the game. What are your favorite finger foods. I am looking for some new ideas to throw out there. TIA

pigs in a blanket (mini hot dogs wrapped in 1/3 pc. of crescent roll, baked and served with mustard)
deviled eggs
guacamole
chili
antipasto with the kitchen sink in it (fish, olives, peppers, different deli meats and cheeses, artichokes and all types of salad stuff)
jalopeno poppers
spinach balls with blue cheese dressing
buffalo chicken wings w/ranch or blue cheese dressing
fried (chinese) dumplings with dipping sauce
beef & pineapple shish kabobs
mini pizzas

Can you tell I like finger foods??? LOL!!!

:) Little sandwiches on dinner rolls with cheese and cold cuts or BBQ meats with a little coleslaw on top of meat. Egg rolls, a whole pizza cut in small squares, of course the chips and dip, quesadillas with salsa and guacamole, nachos with salsa and guacamole, antipasto platter, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, crudite and dip and the list gos on. Maybe your friends can bring a plate of something as well. Use paper plates for them to put their food on. Have fun.

A super easy and cheap idea is to put pour a bottle of BBQ sauce into a crock pot and put it on high. I add honey (20-30% by eyeball) once it's brought to a simmer and dump in a whole package of lil' smokey cocktail wienies. They're usually ready in 20mins, obviously depends on your crock pot. I typically have to make these two or three times if I have a gathering at my place.

My new all-time favorite has to be Atomic Buffalo Turds. And they reheat well on the grill. And they also incorporate some of the ingredients already mentioned, poppers and little smokies.

Attachments

• ABTs.jpg
    ABTs.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 358
These are delicious and always a hit:

SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS

(I rubbed the mushrooms with a little salt to give them extra flavor).

INGREDIENTS:

1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped, set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped (I used about 2 cups, packed)
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil, and place mushroom caps face up on it.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat, and allow to melt. Add onions and thyme.
4. When onions begin to brown, add chopped mushroom stems, spinach, and bread crumbs.
5. Continue to cook until tender, and moisture has evaporated, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Add parmesan, salt & pepper, stir well.
7. Stuff each mushroom with filling - use all the filling.
8. Sprinkle oil over the caps. (The recipe does not indicate how much oil, so I drizzled a small amount).
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

6 servings or 24 mushroom caps

Adapted from Bergy -Recipezaar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom