Teatime treat - Scottish treacle scones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
TREACLE SCONES

Set oven to Gas mark 7 or 425 degrees F

8 oz SR flour
1 oz caster sugar
Half teaspoon cinnamon
Quarter pint of milk (Imperial)
2 tablespoons black treacle
2 oz butter
pinch of salt

Sift flour with salt and cinnamon into large mixing bowl and rub in the butter. Add sugar and treacle and enough of the milk to make a soft dough.

Turn onto floured board and knead gently (barely at all....!) Dough should be moist. Roll out to about half an inch thickness and using a scone cutter(I use a 2 inch cutter)

Place on well floured baking tray (not oiled.... flour!) and brush the tops with a little milk or beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 mins until risen and golden.

Split, butter and enjoy!

Sorry Ishbel, bugging you again. How many cups in a pint? 2? So that would be 1/2 cup of milk?

I know I must be driving you nuts, but please keep posting these recipes. Oh...BTW, my kids gobbled the oatmeal cookies. (And one of them is home with a tummy ache today so I think she ate WAY too many!! LOL)

I'm sorry Alix, I'm absolutely NO USE at all at these conversion tables - but I know that someone posted a sticky of US/UK conversions on one of the fora here!

We don't use 'cups' as a measurement here... its either pints, pounds and ounces or fully metric - but I'm not too good with 'new' things like metrication (we've only had it since the 1970s, after all :LOL:

Well, I am so glad the children liked the biscuits!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom