Christmas Cookie Packaging Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I think I had mentioned on another thread that my DH has recruited me to bake and decorate cut-out cookies in the shape of his organization's logo for gifts for some of his contacts. The two cookies that I did are very odd shaped and I was struggling to come up with some creative and very affordable way to present them.

Until yesterday! I was at Michael's craft store picking up something else and stopped dead in my tracks infront of a large display of photo storage boxes! They're printed with holiday patterns, are extremely sturdy and only cost $1.99/box (we only needed 10). The two types of cookies (half dozen total) will fit side-by-side perfectly, and I'll fill the bottom with that shredded tissue-paper stuff that looks sort of like Easter grass (red, gold or green, depending on the colors on the outside of the box).

It's a good, rare moment when I have these inspirations! So I just wanted to share the idea with y'all in case you have cookie gifts to give.

Cewl! What a great idea!

I also saw in a mag where they had put some cookies in a quart Mason jar, and decorated the lid with a little holly and greens and ribbon. Pretty!

I saw something like that, too--it looked really nice.

At Target, they now have a $1 item area up front by the doors. I found very nice small tin buckets, stamped with a holiday pattern (snowflakes, etc) in different colors. I bought several of those. I'll line them with brown craft paper and fill them with a couple of cookies and some candy for neighbors, secretaries at work, etc.

I found some stuff in the $1 section at Target as well. I bought about 6 round tins with a blue and white stripe pattern. And, I also bought a few silver metal square tins (without lids). I figure I can put goodies inside and then use cellophane paper to wrap them.

I like the photo box idea too. I"ll have to check them out next time I'm at Michael's.

Back
Top Bottom