What is for dinner Friday, Nov. 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
There... I typed it allllll out! :-p

I think we are going out again.... seafood is on the order for tonight. What's up in your kitchens????

I've got everything here for pizza except for the crust. Think I'll stop at the pizza place and buy an "empty" crust and come home and make pizza.

My 1st weekend off in a month!
GF and I are going to spend the weekend at my Dads shore home and finally go out to a restraunt on the water!!

I'm going to grill one of those big porterhouses I recently bought tonight, with a mushroom and onion sauce. And some potato wedges.... maybe a salad, too, if my lettuce is still good. The garlic bread is a given :^)

Top Sirloins

Top Sirloin (mesquite marinade), green beans and salad. No bread or potatoes 'cause we're on Weight Watchers. :<(

I'm going to grill one of those big porterhouses I recently bought tonight, with a mushroom and onion sauce. And some potato wedges.... maybe a salad, too, if my lettuce is still good. The garlic bread is a given :^)

Wish I could come to tea. The boys had chicken kievs with wedges & baked beans. I've a headache so not very interested in anything at the moment.

Looks like leftover pot roast with smashed spuds and sliced carrots for us.:chef:

getoutamykitchen;Ground beef hash and (?)

fried eggs and toasted English muffins??:chef:

I'm still undecided, don't know who will be home for dinner tonight. A porterhouse sure sounds good though! I'll have to check the freezer.

Barb

Menu Change - Help!

Was just at SweetBay and couldn't pass up these huge stone crab claws which are in season now. So, the sirloiin steaks will wait until another night.

Does anyone have any tips on cooking these claws? They're huge!

Thanks!

One of the nicer things about having a bit more time is the flexibility I have for the kitchen.

I've mentioned that Lou is a pizza junkie and I'm nothin' but a dealer, apparently. I'm making three pizzas, tonight. First one is simple, plain sauce and cheese. Second is a special favourite of ours - sauteed spinach with poached eggs, sauce and cheese, and the third is mushroom.

I know we'll enjoy a fine bourbon as I prepare the pies, but I believe we'll have wine during the course of the evening.

Well, first night of DH working afternoons and the border is out so I am on my own. I have been craving broccoli soup so I think I will make that.

I think I'm going to bake Swedish meatballs and make gravy and mashed potatoes - maybe green beans. The meatballs are from IKEA - they come in handy when it is cold and I don't feel like cooking.

I'd be glad to have ya miniman. Bring a shovel.
Just kidding..... I've got LOTS of extra shovels. :LOL:

Sunny. Assuming it's like your typical crab claws and already cooked. Just thaw them (if needed), and warm them up. You can steam them for a short while, or wrap a wet paper towel around them and nuke them. I've done both for crab claws and either way will work equally well.

I've come by an addition to tonight's dinner, once I build up my appetite :rolleyes:, someone brought me an apple pie today :). Yay me!

Don't you eat stone crab claws cold?? When my brother lived in Florida that's how we always ate them. I guess when he brought them home they were already cooked though. Sorry don't know how he did it. His gf made a mustard dipping sauce and it was delish! Too bad he's in Indiana now. lol

Barb

Stone Crab Claw Report

Well, I made a nice mustand dipping sauce, and melted some lemon butter, and steamed those stone crab claws.

BUT, WE NEEDED A FREAKING HAMMER TO GET THEM OPEN!!! I HAD SET OUT "NUTCRACKERS", BUT WE SOON REALIZED THAT WASN"T GOING TO DO THE JOB. A LOT OF WORK, BUT THEY WERE GOOD. I DOUBT I'LL BUY THEM AGAIN THOUGH.

Back
Top Bottom