Whats for Dinner, Tuesday, Nov 25th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I'm torn... we talked about going out to eat on Wednesday, so tonight may be my 'no meat' night. I'll get back to ya later on that!

So what you good folks having?

going to have pan fried pork chops with mashed taters and gravy ..
soem kind of veggie on the side .. and watch House ...

That sounds good, Q. I was going to grill some brats and make Italian sandwiches (with the peppers, onions and home fries), but pan fried pork chops sound pretty good.

Dinner tonight is leftover soup from the other night. I need to get the fridge cleaned out for Thanksgiving leftovers! I will either make a 5-min art bread baguette or buttermilk biscuits to go with the soup. I have a rice pudding in the oven. (Adapted from Traditional British Cooking)

baked haddock, buttered potatoes with chives, green beans. I made a sauce for the haddock using a can of lobster bisque, cream, wine, butter.

We're kinda busy planning Thanksgiving dinner, so I really haven't thought of food for tonight. I guess I'll clean out the leftovers and see what I can come up with.

Busy baking bread and forgot about making dinner. Took 1/2 pound of bulk Italian sweet sausage and sauteed in EVOO, followed by onions, garlic, carrots & celery. Then took the last fire roasted red pepper and diced it and tossed in the pan. Added a cup of bottled spaghetti sauce and some water to thin it out a bit. Seasoned to suit and let it cook for 20 minutes. A chunk of NYT and it's dinner.

Oh, washing it down with a rum & coke. mama's not home tonight to yell at me.

I have been pleased to have lost a few pounds of late--not too hungry there's been too much stress. I ate light. Light low fat cheddar melted over light whole wheat toast.

same meal as last night;

burritoes and cole slaw..

Attachments

• DSCF0167.jpg
    DSCF0167.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 156
We picked up some really nice fresh farmer sausage today and I am thinking of doing a skillet with onions, bell peppers, asparagus, fresh roma tomatoes, potatoes, and I haven't decided about eggs. I also still have some fresh herbs I can harvest so it should be tasty!

That was a good call, Q.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom