Dinner Tuesday, Dec 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lefty - you don't mention if you have rice but you mentioned stir-fry.

I like to make a rice pilaf with some of those veggies chopped fine in it, and you could grill the chix breasts. In fact I've been craving that!

I got up at 6:30 this am to prepare a crock-pot roast beef. I put in 3 big potatoes, cut in large chunks, a huge onion cut in large chunks, the roast, and covered in dry onion soup mix and a can of cream of mushroom soup concentrate, and s&p. Its been cooking for about 7 hrs on low and smells divine. I just added a couple handfuls of baby carrot chunks to the bottom of the crock and am turning it up to high for 2 hours then back down to low to finish out.

We have our first snow of the season and I'm freezing! This roast will definitely hit the spot. I might make some bread in awhile or maybe get hubby to go to the store for some salad fixings but it isn't necessary - the roast & veggies will be delish.

Lefty - you don't mention if you have rice but you mentioned stir-fry.

I like to make a rice pilaf with some of those veggies chopped fine in it, and you could grill the chix breasts. In fact I've been craving that!

Yes, I have rice. I just didn't think of mentioning it becasue it is such a basic staple in our home. :angel:

Chicken fajitas and yellow rice. Additions of sauted green peppers and onions, sour cream, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and cheese, lots and lots of cheese.

Barb

I have some chicken breast thawed out and some carrots, brocoli, onions, peppers. When I picture what to do with this in my mind I can only think of making a stir fry since I had chicken soup last week. Anyone have any suggestions?
Lefty, you have the makings for a nice pot pie.

I have pork chops thawing, any suggestions as to a different recipe??

We had Parmesan/sage pork chops last night.
img_741544_0_f4cbb405db4ffcff9bdb2b1d9800f27c.jpg

I will be finishing up the meatballs from Sunday night. Not sure if I will serve them with mashed potatoes again or with rice and lots of vegetables. I just baked a pan of brownies and iced them with chocolate/peanut butter frosting.

Thanks marigene, I will remember that for the next week's menu. I found some black bean sauce in my cabinet so I did go with a stir fry. The house smells so good right now. :chef: Those chops look good enough to eat my screen. Yummy!!! :pig:

We're decorating the inside of the house tonight,
So I think we'll get some chinese takeout. I'm thinking hot and spicy beef, maybe pork fried rice, wonton soup and a egg roll.

I need to make the stuffed peppers I've been procrastinating about since Sunday.

But it's cold and wintry here, and Green Eggs with Ham [scrambled, with basil and/or oregano] and garlic toast sounds so much yummier.

The day has turned stormy. We're eating

Meatloaf - haven't had any for 6 months or so
Roasted Root Vegetables - I love these
Romaine Salad with anything I can find to go in it

My mediocre meatballs came out pretty good. The subs were what I wanted them to be and I made some homemade chips to go with them.

"Tired stick" hit me today. Long day at the shop working three different projects so I did "lazy." Baked a potato in the microwave and grilled a small piece of beef with olive oil and garlic. Thought about making some sauteed onions, but ran out of energy.

Had a handful of white chocolate chips for dessert. Well....there was only about 1/8 to 1/4 cup left in the bag.:LOL:

I took another container of mystery stuff out of the freezer.

I have those in my freezer too!!! I'm too chicken to find out what it is! :LOL:

Pan seared tenderloin, seasoned navy beans and those Betty Crocker oven taters.

So many mouthwatering menus! We had chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, mixed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. For dessert, bunuelos with Haagen-daz vanilla ice cream on top, drizzled with guayaba syrup (guava).

Tonight we had pasta primavera with grilled pesto prawns.

Fresh asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, fresh garden basil and sweet red peppers, garlic and Miracle Sweet home dried tomatoes in white wine reduction. Shaved parmesan and mixed with linguini.

Shelly

Attachments

• P1020612.jpg
    P1020612.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 188
  • P1020614.jpg
    P1020614.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 187
DEElicious looking Shellys!!! I'm sure it tasted great, too.
Wow. Can you tell me how you throw that together? I'd love to have a crack at duplicating that.

Back
Top Bottom