ISO new ideas for Goat Cheese!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have a 1 pound unopened package of creamy goat cheese and it is expired this week. It is left over from a catering event. I don't want to waste it and am tired of my usual grilled zucchini rolls and other appetizers.

Any ideas? Sweet, savoury, anything that will help me use the whole thing up fast and easy.

Thanks in advance!

toast some fine bread crumbs in a little garlic and oil, let them cool, then press/roll small dollops of goat cheese in the toasted crumbs. serve instead of croutons over mesculun salad.

Butterfly a chicken breast, insert said goat cheese and some roasted red pepper, truss and saute in evoo/butter and white wine.

Butterfly a chicken breast, insert said goat cheese and some roasted red pepper, truss and saute in evoo/butter and white wine.

Oh, thanks Jeekinz. That is going to be supper!!!!! I remember now we did something like that at the training restaurant but we used a mixture of cream cheese and smoked salmon to stuff the breast. Goat cheese and roasted pepper sounds yummy, and I have everything for it.

I love to cream the goat cheese with some finely minced herbs, parsley, chives then some worchestershire and stuff this into tiny piquante peppers, also good on crackers or as a base on a flour tortilla, add some pastrami,or turkey or roast beef even salami roll up, nuke a few seconds covered with a towel and then slice yummers

kades

Toss with pasta!
Crumble over salads. Pierre Franey's SALADE DE CONCOMBRES ET CHEVRE (CUCUMBER AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD) is excellent.
My favorite bruschetta is rubbed with garlic halves, and topped with mixture of EVOO, roasted red and yellow peppers and fresh basil, then topped with goat cheese..

I had something similar to this last night, it was a grilled chicken breast (butterflied) topped with a generous slab of goat cheese, sun dried tomatos, and basil. And some sort of pan sauce, once the goat cheese melted into it, it was devine!!!

On a side note, I like to take thin slices of priscutto with a nice hunk of goat cheese, topped with cracked pepper and dill. Eat this along side a buttery crispy cracker!!

Chevre du Provence

12-oz Goat Cheese
4-oz Cream Cheese
1 Large Clove Garlic - Mashed to Paste
1-T Chopped Lavender
1-T Minced Fresh Oregano
Fronds from 1 Head of Fennel - Chopped

Combine and chill overnight.

This is a fantastic spread.
I love it in the summer.

That sounds good NM!!! I always wondered what could be done with the fronds of fennel!

Another vote for stuffing boneless, skinless chicken breasts! Depending on the size/thickness of the breasts I'll either pound them thin or cut a pocket in them. I then stuff with goat cheese & whatever fresh herbs I have on hand, finely chopped. Bake till done & then serve atop a bed of rice to help soak up any herby oozy cheese.

I will share one of my ideas, which we make so often I didn't want to do again. Slice medium zucchini in thin lengthwise slices (about 1/4 inch thick). Discard outside slices or use for other purpose. brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (white or black). grill on both sides until slightly soft and nice grill marks form.

Meantime, mix 3oz. each of cream cheese and chevre and with some chopped roasted red pepper and finely chopped green onion and chill. When zucchini is cooled and filling chilled, put a small amount of filling on each slice and roll up, securing with a toothpick if needed. Serve immediately.

Back
Top Bottom