Ribs on da grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
So me and Mr Ducane got together tonight. I had been neglecting him when it comes to "low and slow" Qing, even though he is fully capable. And with the wind and temps today, the conditions were perfect, with the two outer burners lit he was holding 275F steady.
So I rubbed some ribs and put them on indirect for 2.5 hours.
Then I foiled them with a little iced tea for about 1 hour. I will include a pic of that for our foil challenged :LOL: Just kiddin', B ;)
Then I took them out of the foil pouch and continued indirect cooking, adding some sauce to them, for about 1:30.... They were easily done after an hour, but I needed to finish up the potato wedges.
Plated with some veggies, broccoli and almond slivers, the ranch dip was added to the wedges and veggies later.
First time in a long time I ate a whole rack of babybacks :pig:
I should have cooked two.... I just stood at the counter after dinner finishing them off one by one. Pull apart tender with meat on each rib. Just the way I like them.

Attachments

• 12-14 ribs1.jpg
    12-14 ribs1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 362
  • elusive foil technique.jpg
    elusive foil technique.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 12-14 ribs2.jpg
    12-14 ribs2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 12-14 ribs3.jpg
    12-14 ribs3.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 412
It's a beautiful sight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you hate not having left-overs? That would kill me!

I'm a little bummed, Vicky :(
But I should have thought of that as I was eating the other half rack.... :rolleyes: The worst part is, seeing if I can duplicate. This was a winner.

I'm a little bummed, Vicky :(
But I should have thought of that as I was eating the other half rack.... :rolleyes: The worst part is, seeing if I can duplicate. This was a winner.

Big fan of making extras. I always make two slabs. One to eat, the other for lunch at work the next week. I just love everyone stopping by my cube asking what that wonderful smell is!?!?!

BTW, VERY nicely done Pacanis!?!?!

Thanks Fan.
Typically, one slab and there is some extra. I just couldn't put 'em down this time....

Ribs and football, AC. It don't get better than that. Thanks.

Sure I deliver Elaine.
Ooooh, I just noticed you don't live somewhere warm.....
LOLOLOL ;)

Thanks, Q.

After I cut the potato, I nuke the wedges for two minutes, then put them in the foil pan with some EVOO and seasoning. I like Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning. Nothing special, I just basically fry/bake them, but on the grill, until they are done. Turning a few times.
What's also good is doing half a potato this way. It comes out more like a baked potato and less like a fry, but with a fried skin. Cut the spud in half lengthwise, score the potato meat side, nuke it to speed things along, season it heavily with anything, then proceed the foil pan. I always make a few extra of those. They reheat well for a tasty snack.

Thanks Dee :)

Well Jeeks, it's like this....
I did want a money shot, but nothing on my plate required a knife. So as I sat there mowing down, I tried to "carefully" separate a rib from the pack, honest I did, leaving a nice cross-cut section exposed, but they were so tender they left jagged pieces of rib meat skin on both the rib in hand and the ones on the quickly-being-devoured-rack. There was not a good cross-cut section to be had. Unless you were the one eating them :LOL:
Besides, they weren't truly "smoked" seeing as how I used the gasser, so what was the point? Though I did think about it.

And the tea worked well. I've used it several times, seeing as how I usually haved iced tea on hand. I don't like the taste you get when steaming with beer. I use tea or Dr Pepper in my "beer" can chicken even. If I had had apple juice, I might have used that, but tea works :)

Well it just don't seem right not posting in this thread after Frank figured out the problem was located in my computer chair.

These were on my camera when I downloaded my chicken pics from last night. And since I can't find that what are you grilling thread, and since they do go with this thread, here's some more ribs on da grill, from a few nights ago.
And thanks Noodlehead. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you ;)

Attachments

• ribs1 6-12-11.jpg
    ribs1 6-12-11.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 279
  • ribs2 6-12-11.jpg
    ribs2 6-12-11.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 369

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom