Dinner Sunday, Dec 21st!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Hi folks!!!

Here is our daily "What's for Dinner" thread!

I'm making lasagna and cesar salad, and warm crusty bread for dinner tonight!

pork tenderloins .. one has a chipotle citrus marinade i bought ..
the other is in a orange juice and garlic concoction ..
corn on the cob .. foil packet red taters and a salad ..
got some take and bake bread too ..

It's colder than you know what here today, so it will be hamburger macaroni soup tonight. It is comfort food to me, so it I am hoping it will warm me, somewhat! :-p

Well Sunday Dinner is the noon meal at my house so I had:

Chied Fricken
Dumplings
Mustard Greens with Turnip Roots
Okra & Tomatoes....
Squash Souffle'....:ermm:
Plain Chocolate Cake with a dab of Cool Whip on top.....

Later? --------:sleep: Zzzzzzzzzzz

UB-that sounds delish, can you come cook for me, I'm the only one here and don't feel like cooking.

I need to take another trip south on the City of New Orleans to see UB, LOL.

Tonight is either chicken Catchatori or chicken stir-fry, not sure which yet but leaning toward Catchatori.

I'm going to marinate a pork tenderloin in some greek spices, lemon and olive oil and then do it up in the oven with some potatoes and asparagus. I have a nice red wine that is going to be opened too - shortly.

Stayed up until 2 a.m. talking with my brother. (I stayed overnight at his house last night.) I didn't get home until almost 11 this morning and have done nothing but the dishwasher and 3 loads of laundry. I'm whupped.

However, I have a half a chicken breast and want to do something comforting and warming with it. Not inspired just yet but I think it should definitely involve the oven.

Mikki said:
UB-that sounds delish, can you come cook for me, I'm the only one here and don't feel like cooking.

I'm on my way....Keep the porch light on!

Maverick said:
I need to take another trip south on the City of New Orleans to see UB, LOL.

I love that train....It's an adventure!!

I am going to try a deep dish pizza in my cast iron pan. Any suggestions as far as temp and how long? I have baked a million cookies and even made some chili. Funny what I can do when I am snowed in.

We had a large lunch of fried chicken, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, fries, coleslaw, cheese and jalapeno cornbread, and BBQ baked beans.

whew - some of y'all are making me hungry again!!!

we had linguini and marinara sauce for lunch. I haven't thought much about supp er yet. Its really really cold here but thank goodness no snow.

Maybe I'll pull some chicken breasts out of the freezer.

I had planned on making pork chops in gravy but I ate a big 'ol sandwich for lunch and I think I'm too stuffed.
We shall see....

I ended up making a big ol' pot of potato cheese soup (packaged mix from "Bear Creek" - just add water). It was actually really good and I have enough leftover for another meal!

Back
Top Bottom