Christmas Eve 2008 - What's everyone having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Didn't see a thread for today's meal. What's going to be on your table tonight?

I decided I'd treat myself to a steak on the grill. Have a baked potato and some sauteed onions with it. Might even have a glass of red wine, too.

You go Katie! Sounds good, especially the wine. Our Christmas Eve tradition is to go to church and then to the mexican food restaurant for swirls and chips and good food! We come home for hot chocolate and cookies and grandma reads to us.

Our church service is at 5:00 and then we are going to my son's restaurant for dinner with my dad and some friends from church. A nice Japanese hibachi meal for us tonight!

merry christmas katie. :santa:

i have to go food shopping on my way home tonight, and dw asked that i bring home fish.

so, we'll have shrimp cocktail, salad, flounder meuniere, mashed spuds, haricot verts, and fresh polish rye bread.

jeeks, make sure you bring cash to that place. $$$

you may have to stop at the red bank branch of the long branch bank. or is it the long branch branch of the red bank bank... (a joisey joke)

Ham & I'm also smoking a turkey breast. We do our xmas meal on xmas eve so we can enjoy xmas day with family, instead of cooking.

I am also going to grill steaks (and enjoy a glass or two of red wine). I've got a big ribeye marinating in a balsamic/garlic/honey marinate right now. I'm also fixing a baked potato, asparagus and mocha fudge pudding for dessert.

We used to make and eat perohe on Christmas eve. I don't feel like doing that this year. Lazy girl! So we are going to have a nibbly plate of cheese, crackers, pickles, garlic sausage and oysters. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait. I might put on a pot of soup too for those who want something warm to add in.

We're going to a neighbor's for wine and munchies. If we're still hungry later we'll just grab a snack or some of the many cookies SO baked this year.

Christmas has changed for us this year because of the snow so won't be making it to the in-laws tonight four rouladen (actually we did that a week ago) and won't be heading to my Dad's tomorrow.

Tonight after church we are having red snapper and I am not sure what else. I just know I am really looking forward to making a nice meal for the two of us.

The tradition of 7 fishes has changed alittle this year.
I've reduced it to 5.
Meal starts at 4:30PM, though and goes thru til 10pm-ish.
(used to be at least midnight.)

Appetizers: clams oregano/oreganato
shrimp cocktail - instead of scampi
mussels marinara
then and with:
cold antipasto with anchovies

then we open stocking gifts - the 5 kids - none mine

then dinner:
lobster tails and fillet mignon, baked potato

then we open gifts

then dessert:
my cheesecake and lemon meringue pie, fruit
and cookie platter

We don't eat as much as we used to be able to when we were younger, nor do we seem to imbibe like "the old days". Not even
thought about eggnog this year. Nor do we seem have the stamina. I know by 10pm my bed will be screaming for me, but
I have the drive home to contend with (12 long miles, HA!)

It's hot and humid here today, so I hope everyone stays out of my personal space in the kitchen.

BON NATALE, ALL!!!

We'll be having our traditional Xmas Eve pizza - lol - so I can rest up & have a clean kitchen ready to start our traditional Xmas Roast Goose dinner tomorrow.

somewhere else on this board I thought I said I was making three different pizzas tonight. 1. Stuffed Broccoli Rabe Pizza; 2. Pissaladiere Nicoise; 3. Pesto and Artichokes with fresh Mozzarella.

Anyone who wants to come by, bring a bottle of wine. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom