Tomato recipe question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alana

Assistant Cook
Ok, I'm not sure if any site would have this recipe. But when I was younger, mom used to bake tomatoes with mozzarela cheese. It was really good and I would like to know if any site has it.

I have never fixed such a dish but here is my 2 cents.
I would cut my tomatoes at least 1/4 inch thick season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dried oregano a drizzle of good olive oil and possible a pinch of garlic
cover with cheese and bake till cheese melt 10-15 minutes. Serve with a good marinara sauce. And plenty of crusty bread to sop up the sauce

Last edited:
That sounds good. For a aspiring special needs/disabled cook as such as myself. Am I allowed to save recipes on here?

Someone on this site posted a recipe complete with awesome pictures of baked tomatoes topped with mozzarella and/parmesan cheese. I made them a couple of times and they were fantastic! I'm thinking it was SDMom and if you're lurking here please repeat the recipe if it's yours. I lost my copy and have been bummed out.

Alana, if she posts it again, take a look at it. It may be what you're looking for. If not, it's still one of the best tomato recipes ever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom