Trivia 12/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 12/31

DID YOU KNOW...
Each year, more movies are produced in India than in Hollywood.

1. Pete Sampras won his fifth Wimbledon Men's Singles title in 1998, equaling what other champ's total ?
(Bonus; How many times did Sampras win it in his career ?)
2. Fill in the Blank;
85 percent of Algeria is covered by the ______ ______.
3. Who had a huge 1976 hit with "Dancing Queen" ?
4. South Africa is the world's leading exporter of .... what?
5. Who wrote the play, The Crucible ?
6. Name that Tune !
One of the great story songs of our era...a Rod Mckuen song weepingly sung by Terry Jacks, the tearjerker was an ode to a father from his dying (we never know from what, possibly from "too much wine and too much song") son, trying to make amends with his family.....
7. Which is farther west, Kenya or Uganda ?
8. Who painted Water Lillies ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Paul Revere never completed his famous "Midnight Ride".
1. Bjorn Borg ( seven)
2. Sahara Desert
3. Abba
4. Gold
5. Arthur Miller
6. "Seasons in the Sun"
7. Uganda
8. Claude Monet
TRUTH !!
On the evening of 18 April 1775, Paul Revere was instructed to ride to Lexington, Massachusetts to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock that British troops were marching to arrest them, and then ride on to Concord. Riding a horse that he borrowed from his friend Deacon John Larkin, he alarmed the countryside, stopping at each house, and reached Lexington at midnight.
After delivering the message, Revere was joined by William Dawes, who had been sent on the same errand by a different route. On route to their next destination, Concord, Massachusetts, where weapons and supplies were hidden, they were joined by Dr Samuel Prescott.
At 1am, they were arrested by a British patrol, but Prescott and Dawes managed to escape and warn Adams and Hancock.
Revere was released without a horse at 2am and returned to Lexington.

Good work !!
I must admit- if I had had to take this quiz, I would have definitely missed #6 and the T or C.........
LT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom