Wasabi Fried Oysters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotnSpicy

Cook
A friend emailed me this recipe for Wasabi Fried Oysters w/Lowcountry Pepper Sauce, and I thought I would share it. I haven't prepared this myself yet, but it will be my next dish to make......after the Citrus Crusted Shrimp, of course. ;) :D

Wasabi Fried Oysters with Lowcountry Pepper Sauce
2 Servings

Ingredients:
12 Extra Select Oysters
1/4 c Wasabi Paste
1/2 c Half and Half
1 c Cornmeal Breading
3 c Vegetable Oil, (frying)
Preparation:
* Marinate oysters in wasabi mixed with cream (8 hours).
* Drain oysters.
* Lightly coat with breading.
* Fry in hot oil (350 degrees) until golden brown.
Ingredients:
2 Bell Peppers
1 c Cider Vinegar
2 c Water
3/4 c Sugar
1 oz Garlic, chopped
1 oz Granulated Sugar
1 oz Tabasco Sauce
1 oz Tomato Sauce
1 t Salt
Preparations:
* Seed and dice peppers.
* In large sauce pot add all ingredients and bring to a boil (10 to 20 minutes) until peppers are soft.
* Puree all ingredients in blender.
* Return to sauce pot.
* Thicken slightly with corn starch.
* Let cool.
* Store at room temperature.

1/4 cup wasabi paste :shock: Call me chicken :oops: LOL - Looks awesome - thanks for posting!!!!

LOL - ok, I went back and actually READ the recipe! 1/4 cup looks right - pays to read!!!

I am originally from the Lowcountry... not sure where Wasabi paste would be available... but should be a pretty easy find.

Sounds great...

Bupo - you can find wasabi powder in most grocery stores in with the other Asian food. You just mix equal parts powder and water - let rest about 10 minutes, then use. I have used both the powder and the tube of wasabi - they are both good.

I just took some chicken thighs out of the freezer to cook tonight - I think they are going back in - I'm going to make these!!!!

Edited to say - I see I don't have enough time to make these - but one night next week!!!! Even if I just do the fried oysters and nothing else they would be good!!!

Back
Top Bottom