Jell-O cheesecake boxed mix, I can't believe I'm considering this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I will periodically go through the pantry and cabinets here at the house, inventoring what we have. For several weeks, we've had a graham pie crust in the pantry. A week ago I noticed that had some JellO instant cheesecake mix. I might, just MIGHT, go ahead and mix it up, let it set up, and top it with some fruit, just to get rid of it. Maybe as a surprise for PeppA when she gets back tomorrow.

I take pride in the fact that excepting a few convience products, I'm almost completely a "from scratch" type person. What I'm considering just feels like blasphemy.

I will periodically go through the pantry and cabinets here at the house, inventoring what we have. For several weeks, we've had a graham pie crust in the pantry. A week ago I noticed that had some JellO instant cheesecake mix. I might, just MIGHT, go ahead and mix it up, let it set up, and top it with some fruit, just to get rid of it. Maybe as a surprise for PeppA when she gets back tomorrow.

I take pride in the fact that excepting a few convience products, I'm almost completely a "from scratch" type person. What I'm considering just feels like blasphemy.

It will be tasty and a pleasant way to end a meal. Do it and destroy the evidence. No one will ever know. :ROFLMAO:

Here's the key: Don't analyze it and compare it to your scratch cheesecake.

I love cheesecake. My favorite. I have made the one in the box before, but usually make it from scratch. Starts with 3 lbs of Cream Cheese. Think it is fattening enough?

Don't feel guilty, Buddy. And confession is good for the soul. You can tell your DC friends anything (well, ALMOST anything...there are some things we probably don't want to hear about....)

Here's the key: Don't analyze it and compare it to your scratch cheesecake.

There squats the toad. I can rarely enjoy a meal in a restaurant anymore. I'm always analzying it, trying to think of what I can do to copy/improve on it. Besides, my scratch cheesecake will beat a box mix anyday. It is possible that my MIL bought the mix shortly after she moved in with us almost a year ago. She liked that stuff.

That's the kind my mother used to make and then she topped it with canned cherry pie filling

That's exactly what I was planning on doing.

Back
Top Bottom