Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Giving too much karma? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/giving-too-much-karma-54494.html)

QSis 01-17-2009 07:40 AM

Giving too much karma?

I got a message last night and again this morning saying that I can't give out any more Karma for 24 hours.

What's the reason for that?

Lee

quicksilver 01-17-2009 09:49 AM

A system for being good hearted. Who would have thunk it?
Thanks, QSis.

QSis 01-17-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasgirl (Post 774793)

Hey, thanks a lot, Stacy, for posting a 27 PAGE THREAD!! LOL!:lol:

The first post by Andy R says that you can only give karma to 10 people a day.

Anyone know, without me reading through 27 pages (my lunch break is over) the reason for that?

Just curious.

Lee

sattie 01-17-2009 01:52 PM

Maybe the DC bank will run out of karma, so each person only gets 10 units of karma?

Who knows!!! :)

MexicoKaren 01-17-2009 06:45 PM

OK, I am incredibly out of the loop here, and don't know how this got past me...I have never checked to see if I had any karma points, and so I finally figured out how to look and WOW - THANKS, everybody! What a generous and kind group of people you are! So sorry I wasn't being appreciative. Now I know. Thanks again.

PieSusan 01-17-2009 08:42 PM

I love to give karma. It is oneof the coolest feature of this site!

Barbara L 01-17-2009 09:08 PM

I hate that there are limits. There are days I don't give out as much, but there are days that I could give way more than we are allowed.

:smile:Barbara

Fisher's Mom 01-17-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicoKaren (Post 775295)
OK, I am incredibly out of the loop here, and don't know how this got past me...I have never checked to see if I had any karma points, and so I finally figured out how to look and WOW - THANKS, everybody! What a generous and kind group of people you are! So sorry I wasn't being appreciative. Now I know. Thanks again.

I love that, Karen! One of the best things about karma is that it's a little secret surprise that will be waiting until the recipient finds it! Since you've never noticed this before, you must feel karma rich!

RobsanX 01-18-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicoKaren (Post 775295)

I have to admit that I forget that forum Karma even exists! Thank you everyone for the generous points you have given me, and I will be more diligent from now on! :chef:

kadesma 01-18-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara L (Post 775411)
I hate that there are limits. There are days I don't give out as much, but there are days that I could give way more than we are allowed.

:smile:Barbara

Me too, there is nothing like spreading the joy and fun:smile:
kades