Happy Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I have to tell you I'm having such a good day today. I am not working today, my kids have the day off so we are going to go shopping and hang out later. The site is running smoothly (OK, so I have to hit submit a couple of times to make anything post, but thats probably my browser not the site) and I'm having more fun posting than I have in ages. I'm able to get to answering posts like I haven't for a long time. I don't know whats different today, could be just me! Whatever it is I am thoroughly enjoying the calm and peace.

Hows everyone else today? Happy Day for you too?

I plan to. The weather is even cooperating a bit. Its warmed up nicely, but I hear the streets are an absolute nightmare! (We had freezing rain last night...eek!)

How much longer til Happy Hour John? I'll send some of my happy your way to get you through til then!

I've been kinda down-in-the-dumps but after reading this, I'm feeling better! Thanks, Alix! Our weather is nice, my kids are home, I've already done the treadmill - what more could I want?

after a lousy week, problems with medications, i woke up feeling wonderful . yes , it is a happy day. course any day i wake up is a good day. lol. may actually get something useful done. so glad you are having a good day as well

Amen babetoo!

And FM, I know what you mean about down in the dumps. Its hard to lose someone around here. All of us feel a bit bruised I think.

I just survived the mall crawl with my two girls. YEEK! Biggest freaking mall in North America and the little one decides at one end she needs to go all the way back to the other end. BLAH!!! LOL!

Still, we had lunch and shopped and giggled and life is sweet.

We both had excellent check-ups at the doctor today, so that was good. A few months ago I won a $25 gas card, but for some reason it didn't work the two times I tried it. I think it was because the gas came to more than $25, and even though I was going to pay for the extra, it didn't work--I think it was actually human error (the person behind the counter). I noticed that it didn't say it had to be used for gas, and that it could be used anywhere that took MasterCard, so we were able to get $25 in groceries on our way home. A little store we like to go to had some good sale prices on meat (they have really good meat there too), so we got some pork chops, ground beef, chicken, and a few packages of beef hotdogs, as well as a few 2-liter bottles of Diet Pepsi, a 12-pack of Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash (not our favorite, but it was $1 for the 12-pack), and a couple packages of sauerkraut. So it has been a good day for us too!

:)Barbara

Good for you, Barbara! It's always a good day when you find food on sale! I have to go to the store in a little while so I hope I'll have the same luck.

Amen babetoo!

And FM, I know what you mean about down in the dumps. Its hard to lose someone around here. All of us feel a bit bruised I think.

I just survived the mall crawl with my two girls. YEEK! Biggest freaking mall in North America and the little one decides at one end she needs to go all the way back to the other end. BLAH!!! LOL!

Still, we had lunch and shopped and giggled and life is sweet.
I haven't been to a mall in years. I miss it. When you have boys, you end up at the arcade or the video game store.:glare:

Our day just got happier! We just received a phone call from one of the sweetest people in the world--Laurie. She is just as sweet and real on the phone as she is here.

Thanks Laurie! We had such a great time talking to you!

:)Barbara

Barbara, you and James made my day happy. It was wonderful talking to you both!

And tonight I am meeting with one of my summer brides. I am doing her wedding cake on June 27th. Or should I say wedding cakes!! The place where they are having the receiption charges an arm and a leg for cake cutting so we are doing 150 mini cakes (not cupcakes) and one layer for them to do the ceremonial cutting on. She has been one of my "kids" for years, worked for us as my web design assistant but now she is in 2nd year medical school (and marrying an engineer!). I love her to bits and can't wait to nail down the design of this cake tonight.

So in spite of the fact my leg has been extra swollen and painful today, I am having a VERY happy day!

It is too early for me to have a happy day. I am still grieving the loss of my friend, Dave Hutchins. I miss him and our long chats. A door has been closed and I am sad.

Back
Top Bottom