Prayer Please, I am coming to the end of my rope!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Friends,
About an hour ago I did my evening set of exercises, stretches and then elevating and icing my knee. I have been really good today about not being on or off it too much and have taken all my medications and done my three sessions of the above.

All of a sudden it has ballooned up again, the circulation is bad, my toes are cold and the pain is unbearable. DH is at work and actually out with one of the residents so not available. I have called a friend who is coming to take me to emergency.

Please pray that this is nothing serious and that I am panicking for nothing! I was so hoping to go to church tomorrow and now that looks unlikely. I also have started meeting with my summer brides for catering and cakes and I am wondering if I can do it.

It is all just becoming too much. I really have been looking after it and now this. I am really scared.

Thanks for caring.

Oh LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything turns out OK! I hate to hear you are in pain sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there and PLEASE let us know ASAP how things are when you get back. I am saying a prayer right now for you!

Just got hold of DH and he is going to meet us at the hospital when he gets off. Being a Saturday night it will probably be awhile so I will report back in the morning (it is 10 pm here now). Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. My friend should be here any minute.

James and I are praying for you Laurie. You have been through so much with this, and I hate that you are in so much pain. I pray the swelling goes down and that the pain goes away for good.

:flowers:Barbara

Laurie,
take it easy, relax that is a wise move going to er...Let us know when you can..Your knee is most likely irritated and rest will help..Think about those cakes and think too, I can, I can I will..You love doing them so much and you need a positive right now..You and that knee will make it Laurie..I'm praying for you
cj

Okay, we are back. Didn't take as long as usual - a slow night at emergency.

They took a blood test to check for a clot and it showed positive (which isn't conclusive) so they sent me home with a special stocking on my leg and I have to go back tomorrow for an ultrasound. I have been through all this before. They think this could be causing other "minor stroke-like" symptoms that I have been having for the last few weeks.

I am heavily medicated right now and need to get ice on it and get to bed. I will report back, or get DH to if they keep me, after the test tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

I'm glad you weren't there long Laurie. Don't you just hate those stockings? We are continuing to pray for you and we will add you to our Sunday School prayer list tomorrow morning.

:)Barbara

these stockings are awful, but they help...
have you ever thought about helping yourself with homeopathy? Do you have access to that over there?

Laurie, I really hope it's just a small incident and everything will be better soon!!

I am sorry to hear about this set back LP - keep your positive attitude, hopefully this is just a minor set back. Stay strong.

Well, I am waiting for the hospital to call with my time for the ultrasound. It is 8 am now and they will call any time between now and noon. I actually plan to call them in an hour.

Thanks to all the medication they gave me I had a fairly good sleep, but the leg is no better this morning. I am sitting in my recliner, ice on my leg and the laptop propped on my lap. Here I will probably stay until DH gets up to get me some breakfast. I feel so helpless.

Yes, Barbara and Cara, these stockings are not the greatest, but I think it is helping my circulation a bit. As for the pain, it is still strong but they have me on mega-strong painkillers.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I don't think I could have made it through the night without them. I know I panicked and fell apart, but it is just that I get a tiny taste of feeling better and go back into all the problems again. But I know I am loved by One and by many and that is enough to keep me hanging in there.

CRAP CRAP CRAP! Laurie that just plain old SUCKS! OK, can I put you on my prayer chain? I feel so helpless but I can at least do that.

I don't know what kind of meds you are on but if you are on any clotbusting meds please take extra good care of yourself. Happy thoughts and healing thoughts coming your way my dear friend. (PS, go on Facebook and we can chat)

This is not good news. sending you prayers and hugs. Project your thinking past this incident and on toward good health and your summer brides.

This too shall pass. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom