Anyone Like to Cook More Than They Like to Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think for me it just depends on the dish. If it is a super long involved process, I enjoy watching the family or guests eat. Plus if it has cheese in it, chances are I have devoured cheese the entire way through anyway. LOL:LOL:

But I would agree. I think it is normal. I even remember my Mom when I was younger just kind of taking a break when dinner was ready and watching all of us eat.

I definitely don't like cooking better than eating, but I do like the process of baking better than eating it, so I can see what you mean. I love creating baked goods, but I usually just eat a wee bit of the results, letting my family devour the rest. I think I am addicted to the process and seeing others enjoy the results.
My daughter has guy friends that like to come and hang out and help me rid the house of my bake goods. They were more than happy to devour the brownies I made last night. Baking, like you, is definitely something I enjoy doing for other people more than for myself.

I like to cook perfect fish, and I detest fish. (however I will eat and enjoy any type of sushi or sashimi... go figure) I would say that there are many dishes I enjoy making but not so much eating.

Dessert is the other way around... I hate making cookies but I love home made cookies for example :)

My husband says I am the only person he knows that doesn't mind cooking things and not eating it.

I don't care for some of the desserts he does but I enjoy making them (conquering them)!

I like experimenting and it makes me feel good to see others enjoy my stuff.

I like to cook, and when I cook i do not like to eat. I only like to eat when somebody cooks and only if tastes good. Also I am very picky so most of the time nobody cooks well enough for me, accept my mom. She is a great cook.

I like to cook and eat but I really enjoy making stuff for a big crowd of people. I enjoy creating the food, the process of trying new recipes and the feeling I get inside when someone eats something I've made and they enjoy it.

I like planning and preparing recipes. I like having a bunch of people come for dinner even if I have kill myself to make everything "perfect".

DITTO! :)

Both are even on the scale. It's even the same when I'm pressed for time. I can't stand to be rushed when I eat or cook. Cooking seems to be a chore if i feel "I have" to do it.

There aren't many foods I don't like... 'cept okra and liver. I would love to cook a lot more, if I was more educated. :chef:

I love to cook, bake and eat. I HATE the mess. Sometimes I will not cook just because I don't want to clean up the mess.

I like cooking for big crowds, and them not knowing which dish u made. So u can get a true idea if they really like it or not, by listening to their comments, seeing the look on their faces when they eat it, and seeing how much of it went ( compared to the things other people cooked). And I must admit, I get very defensive and insulted about my food if it doesnt go. I never say anything, but its one of those things that eat you up inside.

I thought you were going to ask if anyone likes to cook more than they like sex. :)

:ermm: To answer the question you did ask. I like eating more than cooking. :)

Back
Top Bottom