Get Cat Barf Out of Carpet.... :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
How do you get cat barf from the carpet? I have some Pepsi. It is my first house with carpet and one of the kittens was running too much after eating last night.. SOOO he decided to hide beside the bed and barf on my long white curtains and light blue carpet.

I have to say something first, if I can stop laughing first. I saw this title in the sidebar and I thought to myself "That's got to be Saph"! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Don't use the pepsi on light coloured carpet. In fact never use it all! The key is to get it up as soon as possible before it dries, with a moist paper towel. If it does dry, pick off what you can and then use a wet cloth to blot it and moisten it. What we do then is use a little spray carpet cleaner (now we have one of those little green machines).

Last edited:
Yes, what Callisto said - I would invest in either a can of good carpet cleaner or as we did (if you can afford it) a "little green". It has really come in handy with our dogs.

First, pick up as much of it as you can with a paper towel. Then, without rubbing too hard, wash off as much as you can with a wrung out wet wash cloth.
I'm sure some of you young ones can come up with other ideas.

lol Laurie... :) Of course it would be me!

I will try to dab it away tonight.. if the stain doesn't come out I will get a carpet cleaner. It's not light blue sorry, it's a darker blue carpet. We are going to rip it up anyways and put laminate.

I have been SOOOO busy with work and the four cats... its hard when each pair is in a separate part of the house, I have to spend time with both of the pairs. I haven't had time to do anything but come on for a few minutes a day to browse DC and check my mail quickly. I have to say though that since the kittens are 100% better, it is easy to sit down and read a book. I can just migrate between rooms.

Nature's Miracle. They sell it in pet stores. It took out cat pee, poop, and upchuck out of everything. and left no stain.

I was going to say the Woolite pet stain spray, but, Getout may have the solution as vinegar cleans everything, lol.

Back
Top Bottom