Enough Already!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Many you know that 3 months ago today we had a sewage flood in our townhouse that we are still trying to recover from.

Well, DH got home from work about 11:30 pm last night and by the time we were crawling into bed it was just barely after midnight. Minutes after the light went out we heard that familiar awful sound of water running all over the place. The fact that it was on the 12th of the month 3 months later did not get lost on us.

Thankfully, in some respects, it was a much smaller flood than the first time. We contained it into one bathroom, ironically the one that was not hit as bad the last time. And the problem this time was the toilet itself instead of the sewage system in the building. We were shampooing the new carpet outside the bathroom door, bleaching the raw cement (still no floor in there and trying to patch the toilet as best we can because the other bathroom is totally out of commission for who knows how long.

DH spent the rest of his day off going to Home Depot picking out a new toilet. But we are not installing it until the floor is in because it will just be taken out again. This won't be covered under insurance or our strata fees because it is a new claim (we don't want our deductible going up for a toilet) and it was not a strata problem.

I can't wait for all this to be over.

Wow Laurie, I am sorry you are going through so much with this ! If you've ever prayed because you were thirsty He seems to be giving you plenty of water now... Maybe His queue was long?

Saph, thanks so much, you just made it all better. You never fail to make me laugh my head off!

By the way, to top it off, one of the dogs puked all over our new carpet at 6 am this morning! I thought of you immediately!!!!!! (people, she knows what I mean).

Okay, everyone, Saph's cat barfed on her carpet and now my dog barfed on ours. Simple as that. (Feel better my dear?)

Oh, boy, this is not a pretty thread. Overflowing toilets and animal barf. Sorry folks, I really didn't mean it to be this way. Just venting about our house woes!

Oh yikes, that stinks! (No pun intended!). I'm glad it wasn't as bad as the first time, but I hope this is the end of it.

Oh, Saphellae, don't worry about getting stuck with the title Barf Fairy. Things like that die off quickly at DC. Just ask Lego Girl. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

Laurie: Don't you have enough going on already???? My gosh! (And what is a strata?)

Yes, Dave, I agree enough is enough!

We are in a townhouse where we own our unit but not the land it is on and that is called strata title. Then the strata council is made up of the owners. Ours is actually a little more complicated than that as it is leasehold, but I don't like to bore people with that explanation so I just say we have a strata.

Oh, boy, this is not a pretty thread. Overflowing toilets and animal barf. Sorry folks, I really didn't mean it to be this way. Just venting about our house woes!
Just be glad it's barf and it didn't come from the other end. Dog decided the family room was the perfect spot.. eeeewwww and yuk, yuk,yuk
kadesma

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear of your flooding problems. I can sympathize. We live in an apartment. Last September, our hot water tank decided to start leaking. I was in the bedroom closet and noticed the floor was completely soaked. I had to pull everything out of the closet and set it in front of one of the dressers. It stayed that way for a few weeks, until the apartment complex maintenance decided to come and address the issue. We have had numerous problems since then... with carpet cleaning, closet doors..etc.

I'm sure that doesn't hold a candle to wha you were/are going through. Hugggggggggs to you!

right now I have a sign posted to my kitchen toilet to please not use and personally instructed my 6 year old granddaughter.........my hubby insisted on buying 2 ply toilet paper during the 3 weeks he was home........I told him that it would clog the toilets as I had had the low water usage installed.........it didn't matter.......he was an engineer and I didn't have to worry.............I knew it........the others have managed to handle it except this one........I have plunged and plunged and expunged as much as I can......I know that I'm going to have to call in a plumber.......meantime as far as animals are concerned I have 2 out of 4 cats living outdoors (well they sleep on a bed in the garage) because they preferred the carpet over the catbox.......any of my friends will tell you that they can't believe the litter box doesn't smell as I clean it out as soon as it's used.......I'm obsessive about it........Laurie, I really really really feel for you, Girlfriend and anyone else with toilet problems and hope that you get it situated soon........

Just be glad it's barf and it didn't come from the other end. Dog decided the family room was the perfect spot.. eeeewwww and yuk, yuk,yuk
kadesma

We had that this morning. The other end and walked in and trekked all over the living room. 6am this morning, then I woke everyone else up using the carpet cleaning machine.

We are in the High Flood Alert area, so I know how you feel!! Many times I've had to come home from work, because the neighbour has rung to say "Les the waves are lapping round you front door!!" Ugh, good job our son's a carpet fitter, keeps him busy!! But it's no joke.

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry! I wish there was something I could do to physically help! Sending you lots of good thoughts and water karma ...

Thanks, everyone. I just needed to vent last night. I was in pain and it just seemed like this house thing was never ending. I really appreciate your support and your stories.

We had that this morning. The other end and walked in and trekked all over the living room. 6am this morning, then I woke everyone else up using the carpet cleaning machine.

Oh, miniman, I am sorry to hear that. It is not pleasant at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom