FL - Key West ... restaurant help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nancdb1

Assistant Cook
Hello,

This is my first post. I just found the site a couple of days ago. I'm going to go on a trip to Key West with a friend of mine in about 10 days. I was there with my husband a long time ago and my friend has never been. It's on her bucket list and I love to tag along with my friends if I can. We don't want to go very expensive or chain restaurants. Thanks in advance for you suggestions. Nancy

Hubby & I love Key West and are down there every year for celebrating New Year's.

Just give up & visit 'em all ... do the 'Key West pub crawl'!

Hog's Breath: best oysters in the half shell ... none better!

Schooner's Wharf: best hole-in-the-wall bar ... and sandwiches are great.

Cowboy Bill's: best place for topless bull riding ever Wednesday night ... of course, I've never done it!!! ... but it's great for a laugh to see what 'normal' folks will do with a little too much libation on board! LOL!!!

The tiki hut bar / cafe at the Banyon Tree Resort: best place to have a drink and a darn great sandwich ... please tell David I said HELLO! ... this is his own little private tiki hut restarant & he is a great guy!!!

Finnigan's Wake ... best Irish place ... who imagined such an emerald of an Irish place in Key West ... a bit of a walk ... but well worth every stride!

Whistle Stop Bar (second floor) ... a fabulous place to have a drink & people watch ... you will be entertained.

Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Band ... best local band ... & both Howard & his wife are some of the nicest people you'll meet ... he has a few CDs out ... might be for sale in some shops in Key West ... can be bought on Amazon.com ... and Howard Livingston can be found on MySpace.

Kelly's ... food is very so-so & does not reflect the fact that it was owned by an old actress ... Kelly McGillis ... very overated.

Margaritaville: Corporate jungle ... need I say more?

So there are a few tidbits to get you started ... remember ... flip-flops, sunscreen, and leave your worries behind when you get to Key West! HAVE FUN ... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom