ISO School DC Electronics Report Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
I received a 78% on my DC electronics final and i asked my professor if i could do some sort of report to make up two points. I have to write a two page report on electronic testing equipment.

I am wondering if any one here has experience with either light duty or heavy duty electronic testing equipment.

I just need to write about what it does and briefly how it works.

thanx

well, not to be mean or anything..... shouldn't you be composing your own report?
i mean, i have tons of homework & i just read what i ought to. i don't look to others to complete my work.

luvs - LT is a good guy - he's just looking for a little first-hand knowledge, as opposed to someone writing his report for him.

luvs - LT is a good guy - he's just looking for a little first-hand knowledge, as opposed to someone writing his report for him.
OMG KE your still here. I have missed ya.

Luvs. I totally understand what you mean. I should have clarified my statement. Our books did not cover this hence why it is extra credit. I was looking for some sources that would help me. Which i did. when i am 2 points from a B i try to do anything to get it so i asked and he said write a report.

oh, darn, i hear ya! i'm so sorry, LB! i needed a report to bring my low grade to a c before!

oh, darn, i hear ya! i'm so sorry, LB! i needed a report to bring my low grade to a c before!

to me its very frustrating what professors do to students. Last semester i recieved a 89.87% in class and he would not take it to an even 90%. I was very frustrated.

However i did win a scholarship last week. I took state in an engineering comp. So a full one year pf free school for me. FINALLY. i have waited 3 years for this.

I know at one point in time you told me what you were studying but i am a guy and i sometimes forget.

you, go, LB!!!!!

i'm studying culinary.

huh. maybe i didnt ask because i was under the impression it was medical..

oh well. culinary seems interesting. i want to try a class or two in it to just kinda see what it is like

Well - probably the most basic test instrument would be a VOM/DVOM - and you could expand into a discussion of Ohms Law (P/IE). You can also use an Oscilloscope to trace circuits - or if you want to analyze a DC circuit for RF generation you can use a frequency counter/analyzer ...

That should give you a couple of things to research ...

Last edited:
Well - probably the most basic test instrument would be a VOM/DVOM - and you could expand into a discussion of Ohms Law (P/IE). You can also use an Oscilloscope to trace circuits - or if you want to analyze a DC circuit for RF generation you can use a frequency counter/analyzer ...

That should give you a couple of things to research ...
I researched what you told me and i found out about burden voltages for DMM's and analog meters. Also pulse generators

Since a VOM (analog volt-ohm meter) or DVOM (digital VOM) is probably the most basic test instrument - why not just a paper on it's theory of operation?

1) How does it measure voltage?
2) How does it measure resistance?
3) How does it detect the current flow? (the meter goes +/- based on where you put the red and black leads)

Here is the link to the Wikipedia page for Multimeters.

That should easily give you two pages for your paper.

Last edited:
Since a VOM (analog volt-ohm meter) or DVOM (digital VOM) is probably the most basic test instrument - why not just a paper on it's theory of operation?

1) How does it measure voltage?
2) How does it measure resistance?
3) How does it detect the current flow? (the meter goes +/- based on where you put the red and black leads)

Here is the link to the Wikipedia page for Multimeters.

That should easily give you two pages for your paper.

i pretty much did a whole page on meters. I mostly talked about the moving coil operation. Now i just need to think what to write on pulse gereators.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom