Scottish Recipes in honor of National Tartan Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullrem

Assistant Cook
Are there any Scots on this site?? I would love to see a lot of Scottish recipes. Tartan Day is April 6. Are there any celebrations in your city? I am sorry to say there are not any in my little town.

Helen

Are there any Scots on this site?? I would love to see a lot of Scottish recipes. Tartan Day is April 6. Are there any celebrations in your city? I am sorry to say there are not any in my little town.

Helen
Helen, I'm not Scottish but I would love to read the recipes. ~Bliss

My Grandpa White was Scots-Irish, so I think that counts. The Whites did have a tartan.
What happened was, Britain sent Scottish farmers to northern Ireland, but it didn't work out well, and they ended up moving them again, this time to the colonies.

I checked out the recipes...My grandfather was born in Glasgow but I am glad I was born in Colorado after reading some...lol

The site is very nice. Ya'lls comments too. However, I was still hoping to receive some recipes from those that post on this site. You know TNT from Discuss Cooking folks.
Helen

The site is very nice. Ya'lls comments too. However, I was still hoping to receive some recipes from those that post on this site. You know TNT from Discuss Cooking folks.
Helen
sorry sweetie i don't really have scot food in my arsenal. i tried to help.

Oh dear, you did help. I loved the site and the cookbook offers there were great. Thanks ever so much. Helen

How 'bout Scotch eggs? Hard boil an egg, cover it in a thin layer of sausage(yes sausage) roll in bread crumbs and deep fry!

serve with hp sauce or mustard.

Thistle

I'm not Scottish but have been staying in Scotland for several years. I like the stovies and the sticky toffee pudding.

Shalinee, I hope you will post some of the recipes for the dishes you are loving... Thanks, Helen in Ark.

Bullrem, do you mean Scottish recipes? I can find out. There are always great dishes in every country. The only dish in Scotland that I am still not keen of is the haggies and the black pudding.

Shalinee, yes. Post some Scottish recipes that you are enjoying. I have to agree with you about the haggis. I never could even try the black pudding. So are you loving being in Scotland?? Are you in the N, E, W, or S part? I am not sure I could take the Winters of the North. I do love the other seasons and wished I could visit more often.

I have some Scot's cookbooks, but it is not always the same as the home recipes if you have someone ( or yourself ) that will share with you. Helen

I'll try to find the recipes for you. I usually eat out if I feel like eating them. I think I should try to cook them first. I stay in Aberdeen most of the time. It's very beautiful. The only downside is the cold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom