When will these kids leave home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
OK - I now have 6 eggs in a dead plant hanging on the front porch. I first noticed when there were 3...then there were 5...now there are 6!!! Do Robins usually lay this many eggs or is there more than one using this nest?

So...how long will it be before the kids leave home and I can remove the dead plant? :rolleyes:

img_817490_0_0cccfea68e6e861c7c36689334d7283a.jpg

What a coincidence, those eggs are all robin's egg blue!

I'd guess they'll be there most of the summer.

Can you move the whole hanging plant with the nest to a tree?

My DH wanted to move it to the top of the holly tree, which is probably about 5 - 6 feet tall. The thing that worries me is I just ran a neighborhood cat out of our balsam pine tree the other day trying to get to another nest!!!! :mad::mad:

LOL Andy - yea, that is quite a coincidence!

I've had birds build their nests in hanging baskets. To them, I guess, it looks safer than a tree. I've also had scissor-tail looking birds build their nests up in the covered part of my front porch. What a mess--bird poop all over the place. I wouldn't move the nest either. It won't be long, they'll be little fledgling bluebirds, and they'll go their merry way.

I googled "Robin Incubation period" and the article said that the bird incubates the eggs for about 12 days (after they are all laid) and the birdies fledge (leave the nest) in about another 12 days.

I had a bird build a nest on my porch light just outside my door. Everytime we came or went the bird would fly off. When the babies hatched and were learning to fly, the parents would attack the door if it started to open. Thankfully they found a different place this year.

I've had birds build their nests in hanging baskets. To them, I guess, it looks safer than a tree. I've also had scissor-tail looking birds build their nests up in the covered part of my front porch. What a mess--bird poop all over the place. I wouldn't move the nest either. It won't be long, they'll be little fledgling bluebirds, and they'll go their merry way.
birds nest soup after they leave the nest? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom