Happy Mother's Day to All the Moms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I never know what to do for my mom (77 yrs young) anymore for mothers day. She wants for nothing. It gets harder for birthday, xmas etc as parent get older.
So I called her yesterday and asked her to lunch today at one of her favorite places Chili's she jump at that. dad doesn't like the place.
I picked her up at 11:30 got to the resturant and and had a nice lunch,
then went to visit my sisters new grandson.
Then the Menonite's in our area have a great store/meat market, etc and they were having a big anniversary celebration, flea market, food samples, crafts etc. she loves the place so asked her if she wanted to go there. we did and it was very nice. then we went and got ice cream and just visted at the house afterwards. She was thrilled and said how nice it was just to spend a day doing something together.

so just remember sometimes a gift of you and your time is really what they might enjoy.

Happy Mothers Day

good for you. that is all most mothers want for mothers day. just to see our kids, mine are middle aged, and think of all the good times we had when they were kids. get to see a few grandkids as well. i have two great grand kids but they go with the mom to mothers house.

flowers and gifts are nice, but an afternoon of visiting is priceless.

Good for you, you've made your mom happy. We would rather spend time with our children and grandchildren than anything in the world. I'm very lucky for me every Sunday is ma's day here..We all gather for the day, and have supper together. I even watch my grand kids several days a week. For me there is no gift in the world as precious as time spent together..
kadesma:)

The absolute best gift children can give their Mother (or Daddy) is TIME!!!

Call, go see, go out to eat or what ever with your Mother today.... without fail!!!!!

I wish I could........

We are a family of 8 kids - 4 of us live near by 4 live out of state.
Our ages range from 59-45 The yougest age ? give or take a year. I have to look on the family birthday calender. I am # 3 in the group, with one children (daughter) and 3 grandsons.
We will be having a huge Fathers day/dad's b'day this year, all 8 and spouses will be home, along with 17 grandchildren with spouses 9 great grand children. We be fun as always.
Father (82yrs)had some tough health issuse this winter, now doing great!!!!.

Enjoy your Day Moms

Back
Top Bottom