favorite side dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine are green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and pork gravy, and bread and butter.

I love mashed potatoes and this corn casserole i made for the 1st time on thanksgiving and have made about 3 times since then... :D

swiss vegetable medley, which is broccoli and cauliflower mixed with cream of mushroom soup, swiss cheese, french fried onions, pepper, and sour cream. Then it is topped with more swiss cheese and french fried onions and baked in the oven.

Any kind of rice. But typically, I prefer brown, wild rice, or a rice medley.

My 2 all-time favorites

Potatoes = Roasted with S & P, EVOO, Garlic & Rosemary

Asparagus = Blanched, tossed with butter & S & P....sometimes I may add a little fresh lemon juice

Baked potato with too much butter and freshly cooked still warm bacon bits.

Artichokes with butter and mayo for dipping.

rice or home made mac-n-cheese...no blue box for me, not worth the calories! :)

htc said:
rice or home made mac-n-cheese...no blue box for me, not worth the calories! :)

LOL... I love the "blue box" stuff...
I add mushrooms and sometimes a can of sliced tomatoes.

It's a true comfort food. I only make it once a year or so though.
I'd sit and eat the whole darn box!

I double the amount of French Fried Onions.

Swiss Vegetable Medley

16 Ounces Frozen broccoli and cauliflower combo -- thawed and drained
1 Can 10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Shredded swiss cheese
1/3 Cup Sour cream
1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper
1 Can (2.8 oz.) Durkee French Fried Onions

Combine vegetables, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, pepper, and 1/2 can Durkee French Fried Onions. Pour into a 1-quart casserole. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and onions; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.

sounds good, sierra. especially w/ double french fried onions. those are so good. :)

You're the greatest, Sierra! thanks! Double the french fried onions, yeah! Have you had the cheddar flavored french fried onions? Mm, I can eat them as a snack! :D

I make a broccoli/cashew casserole wher ethe french fried onions go near the bottom - I bet this would be good with half on top and half "in".

SierraCook said:
Thank you!! :)

You are very welcome. I'm sure this could be lightened up with a cream of mushroom with a "healthy" label - low fat cheese, and I did forget to mention that I try to find lightly salted cashews or even no salt cashews - but those are hard to find. The lightly definately helps and is better!.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom