Our Community Featured on Killer Startups!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
It has been brought to our attention that our community has been featured on KillerStartups.com. Let's vote for Discuss Cooking and show them how much we love the site. Please vote for "Survive" since we know that will happen and we don't really want any of the other options to come true. Also, it would be nice if you left a nice comment letting others know your thoughts about our community.

Here is a link to where you can vote and post comments:
Discusscooking.com - Cooking & Community Forum | Visit discusscooking.

Off to do my part:LOL: VOTE,vote vote:LOL: Come on everyone follow me!
kades

I voted and commented, then read the post above mine :ohmy: . It seems we have 1 unhappy camper. Oh well, every part has a pooper, right?

Very cool, nice to see so many people comment. For those who have complained, I'd like to ask you to consider how difficult it is to manage discussions among so many broad minded people. Our team might not be perfect but they try very hard to keep the peace and this can be very hard sometimes. I'd like to take this time to show my support for the team and to also acknowledge the complaints. We are constantly working to evolve as a team and keep DC pointed in the right direction. We honestly take time to self reflect after issues arise and learn from our mistakes. DC has been and will continue to be one of the finest cooking discussion boards on the net!

Very cool, nice to see so many people comment. For those who have complained, I'd like to ask you to consider how difficult it is to manage discussions among so many broad minded people. Our team might not be perfect but they try very hard to keep the peace and this can be very hard sometimes. I'd like to take this time to show my support for the team and to also acknowledge the complaints. We are constantly working to evolve as a team and keep DC pointed in the right direction. We honestly take time to self reflect after issues arise and learn from our mistakes. DC has been and will continue to be one of the finest cooking discussion boards on the net!

:clap: Thank you all for what you do!!

Interesting to see how many hits this site has. I guess it's a good thing they don't all join or we would have to spend all day just scrolling through the messages!

Interesting to see how many hits this site has. I guess it's a good thing they don't all join or we would have to spend all day just scrolling through the messages!

Well Scotch I guess they could make us a Welcoming Committee....You grab a bottle of Scotch, I'd grab a bottle of bourbon...and Awaaaaay we'd go!!:LOL:

Well Scotch I guess they could make us a Welcoming Committee....You grab a bottle of Scotch, I'd grab a bottle of bourbon...and Awaaaaay we'd go!!:LOL:
One sip per visitor? Sounds like you all won't remember much after greeting all of them!

Went and voted. Some good comments on there. Interesting that for every complaint about moderators, there's another one that says it's a plus. How's that go? "... all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." :LOL:

did my part. may i have a welcome shot of tequilla (no training wheels) :LOL:

I made my comment before I read the others and then went back and felt the need to address the negativity. I meant what I said in those comments and will defend our forum here to the end. You guys have been so wonderful to DH and I. So for the naysayers... Be gone with you. Negativity need not apply...LOL

Your post was wonderful (as are you) meshoo96!

Here is what I will say about the negative comments. There will always be people you can not please. I think the comments will speak for themselves though. For every negative comment there will be tons more positive comments. I am proud to be part of such an amazing community where just about everyone is friendly and welcoming and just all around great.

I made my comment before I read the others and then went back and felt the need to address the negativity. I meant what I said in those comments and will defend our forum here to the end. You guys have been so wonderful to DH and I. So for the naysayers... Be gone with you. Negativity need not apply...LOL
meshoo,
thank you, your kindness makes all the negative comments, just what they are, someone who is unhappy..May something good happen so they can smile.
kadesma

Aw meshoo, thanks for that comment! How lovely. I agree that for every cranky comment there are others that will shine through. I've been told when looking at things like Tripadvisor you throw out the worst comments, and then the best comments and look at the stuff right down the middle and you get a pretty accurate picture of whats going on.

It was a nice post meshoo - thank you. And thanks to everyone who truly understands the trials and tribulations of keeping things afloat here.

It's like reading product reviews on Amazon or QVC. There may be 100 user reviews giving a product five stars and singing its praises, and then one with one star saying it's terrible because it wouldn't work after being dropped from the third-story window into a tub of acid. And vice versa -- a universally reviled item that someone (probably an employee of the manufacturer) says will turn water into wine.

You learn to filter, to be skeptical, and to distill. Not everyone likes the same thing, no one is universally loved, and the world is full of crackpots to boot. Worse, the Internet provides a vile of anonymity that allows people to say things they would never say in public, sometimes to be mean, sometimes to provoke, and sometimes just because they feel empowered. You can't go through life worrying about pleasing the lunatic fringe.

When my kids were little and had trouble with some other kid in class, I used to tell them "Not everyone is going to like you. BUT that's ok, because you're not going to like everyone." Seems the same applies here, I've had nothing but help and support from site monitors and members alike!! Keep up the great work :kiss:

I was shocked to see some of the negative comments! :angry:We don't have original recipes? Only 30 members? Must kiss *** to be accepted?? You have to be part of the "clique" or else they ban you?

Wha wha what? :shock::mad::bash::boxing:

I think I speak for a lot of us members when I say- DC ROCKS:punk:. I have found some of the most unique recipes here, and I know for a fact I have met more than 30 people here and I do NOT kiss anyones toosh and look...I am still here. As for there being a clique here...yeah...we're all part of one big clique.

I think the mods do just as good a job as on any site. Better even. And you guys know I am hard to please, so that says a lot ;)

"Concerning this site, the membership on DC has been encouraged by a moderator to post here with only good things to say." <------

alright that really P***es me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom