What are the things that you always have in your kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well few stuff i cant NOT have ....

Milk --- my baby girl would go crazy
rice --- at least 3 times week i use it ...
oil --- we use it a lot , espacially the extra version for salads.
chicken-- for easy recipies ...when i run out of ideas
bread--- low calorie/whole wheat
salt ad suger offcaurse ;)
yugort --- i almost have that everyday ...

hmmm .... so tell me wht about you? :ermm:

soy yogurt
milk
candies, except chocolate
cheeses
bread
pop
pierogies

oh, & for my jake, cereal

It's hard to choose just 3 !

eggs
noodles for ds so he doesn't starve
hard cheese, i guess, for the above referenced noodles

Dried pasta
Risotto rice
Parmesan
Olive oil
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Butter
Basil
Tea
Milk
Sugar

Everything else we buy as we need it but these are ever present.

Coffee - can't function without it
Chicken tenders - always in the freezer
Onions - can't cook w/o them

Coffee
Rice
Flour
Onions and Garlic
Shortening
Baking Powder
Salt and my spice drawer

With just those, I can be quite content for 2-3 days before going to the store, longer if I also have eggs and sugar.

our pantry is probably too well stocked--really how often do you need Grains of Paradise?? But always like to have tomato paste in the tube in the cupboard and puff pastry in the freezer--for either savory or sweet stuff

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 158
All of the above plus black olives, sea salt, peanut oil, port wine, ravioli, low salt, cholesterol free pasta, shrimp, catfish, 98% lean hamburger and stew meat, Dream Whip, assorted soups, salt-free veggies, fresh and candied ginger, grits, Trio, granulated garlic, Mesquite rub, most spices and extracts, English Dry Mustard, Hungarian Paprika, horseradish, McCormick's Taco Seasoning, green pepper, garlic stored in oil, roquefort, worcestershire, Louisiana hot sauce, cornstarch. blue corn meal, rice flour, white pepper. Many of these products I have to drive 50 miles to buy. Therefore my pantry and freezer are normally well stocked. And I also buy restaurant quality and quantity.

our pantry is probably too well stocked--really how often do you need Grains of Paradise?? But always like to have tomato paste in the tube in the cupboard and puff pastry in the freezer--for either savory or sweet stuff

these pics look so amazing !!!!!!!!!! did you do that ?!!!!!!

I couldn't possibly list the foods I always have on hand. There are only two of us, but if you look in my pantry or fridge you'd think I was preparing for the end of the grocery store. Or, as I've joked with some DC friends who ARE, that I was a member of the LDS. I don't remember if it was at this forum or one of its predecessors, I once asked how long you and those you live with could possibly live off of the food you now have in your home. I actually figured it out for me & hubby, but don't remember. Given that right now there are two unopened, large bags of rice, I suspect awhile, and by the time the fresh produce in the fridge, and what is in the freezer and pantry, by the time it was gone my garden would be giving, so at least we'd last the summer (but don't let me kid you, I'll keep it all at that level)

these pics look so amazing !!!!!!!!!! did you do that ?!!!!!!

and it was eazy too--one had leftover shrimp/crwfish etouffee and the other mincemeat pie filling(from a jar)--
secrets in the frozen pastry--don't think would even attempt it from scratch!
buzz--and thanks

Coffee
Creamer
Sugar
Kosher salt
Butter
Onions: White, sweet (Vidalia when in season), and red
Loaf of bread or I'll never hear the end of it from my mother
Garlic
Chocolate milk, my son only drinks Chocolate milk or water
Ice tea, always have 2 one gallon jugs made for DH
Rice, bought 20 lbs. last time
Rotel, never run out
Green Giant canned Kitchen Cut green beans, I could live on those
Green Giant canned Shopeg corn

coffee
salt
butter

I'd like to say I keep more stocked in the pantry but after our last episode of "grocerylessness" I have to say that those are truly the only things we always have on hand. It's sad,really :cry:. There truly is no meal you can make from coffee, salt and butter. Trust me.

But confession is good for the soul, lol.

We generally eat home made foods (including tiffins) so the list will be long list

rice
min two types of lentils
salt
mustard oil
flour
sugar
tea
milk
turmeric powder
chili powder
cumin powder
coriander powder
puffed rice
papad
eggs
thin arrowroot biscuits
mustard seeds
fenugreek seeds
kalonji seeds
ghee
flatten rice
potaotoes
onions
lime
green chili

I always need to have canned Red Gold tomatoes so when I do not know what to make for dinner I can just cook a little pasta, from my pantry, and cover it with Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and dinner is on the table.

a high temp spatula, I have found I almost always have to bring my own.

lemons, garlic, oil, onions, chick peas, pita bread, tahini, rice, pasta, frozen chicken, flour , butter, sugar, cocoa, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla,bananas, cheerios, coffee, tuna in a can, milk:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom