Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Won't be around for awhile... (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/wont-be-around-for-awhile-58060.html)

MexicoKaren 06-03-2009 06:24 PM

Won't be around for awhile...

Mis amigos, I am flying back to the US for a few weeks tomorrow, and probably won't have consistent computer access, so you may not hear from me for awhile. I will be thinking of you all, especially Babe (hope Wallie is OK) and Katie E. (I know this is a bad time of the year coming up for you). I'll try to check in from time to time - will see my son and his family from China, who are meeting me in Oregon, and also good friend and fellow DC'er Laury, who stayed here in Mexico for six months and went back to Portland in April. Hasta luego -

Katie H 06-03-2009 06:26 PM

Have a safe and fun trip, Karen. You're sweet to remember me. Yes, I'm dreading the 18th of this month. Have a great time and arrive home safe and exhausted from visiting.

Uncle Bob 06-03-2009 06:29 PM

Have a good time Miss Karen...You will be missed!!! Every time you get a chance drop in to say Hi....Tell us about all the good eats you're enjoying!! Ya hear???

Scotch 06-03-2009 06:36 PM

Don't drink the water! ;-)

GB 06-03-2009 07:09 PM

Have a great trip!

Andy M. 06-03-2009 07:43 PM

Enjoy your trip and your family!

texasgirl 06-03-2009 07:54 PM

Stay safe and have lots of fun!!

MomsKitchenAndStuff 06-03-2009 08:08 PM

Wow...you're flying north and I'm flying south (to Florida) on Saturday...enjoy your trip!!! :smile:

MexicoKaren 06-03-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotch
Don't drink the water! ;-)

That is so funny, because we had a good friend who is Mexican when we lived in Portland, and he had an elaborate filtration system on his water supply because he thought the water was unsafe to drink! We drink our tap water here everyday.

Thanks for all the good wishes, friends. See you all again soon!

babetoo 06-04-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicoKaren (Post 826083)
Mis amigos, I am flying back to the US for a few weeks tomorrow, and probably won't have consistent computer access, so you may not hear from me for awhile. I will be thinking of you all, especially Babe (hope Wallie is OK) and Katie E. (I know this is a bad time of the year coming up for you). I'll try to check in from time to time - will see my son and his family from China, who are meeting me in Oregon, and also good friend and fellow DC'er Laury, who stayed here in Mexico for six months and went back to Portland in April. Hasta luego -

hope this didn't miss you, thanks for good thoughts. she is just the same and i am very sad. thanks again.

kadesma 06-04-2009 06:02 PM

Be safe Karen..Enjoy your visit with you family...Take care see ya soon.
cj (kades) :lol: