Crispy herbed chicken with garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2dogsmom

Cook
well i did it....and it was delicious! the bird actually turned out better than when i make just the breast or thigh, etc. here is the recipe i used from the ultimate southern living cookbook. yeah me!!! :mrgreen:

crispy herbed chicken with garlic

1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup scraped, diced carrot
1/3 cup diced celery
1 tbls chopped fresh parsley
3 tbls dry white wine
1 (3- to 3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp chopped fresh basil
2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
garnishes: fresh basil, oregano, thyme sprigs and 2 heads garlic

combine first 5 ingredients; toss gently. set aside. remove giblets and neck from chicken. rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. lightly stuff body cavity with reserved vegetable mixture. if desired, tie ends of legs together with heavy string. lift wingtips up and over the back of chicken, tucking wingtips under chicken.
place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. combine butter and next 5 ingredients. brush chicken with butter mixture. cut 2 heads of garlic in half; drizzle with 1 tbls olive oil. place on rack next to chicken to roast. roast at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 180 degrees. place chicken on serving platter and garnish with garlic and herbs. spread soft, roasted garlic onto bread that accompanies meal.

Back
Top Bottom