Leek Tart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I have a dear friend who is always doing things for me and who I've been helping cook. She hurt her hand so I decided to make something for dinner for her and her DH.
I am making her this leek tart:
Into a pre-made or home made 9 inch pie crust I put about 4 c. of leeks that I" saute in 3 Tab of butter.Then I"ll spread 1c. of shredded Gruyere on the bottom of the pie crust,topped with the cooled leeks. I"ll whip the eggs with 2/3c. cream and a little nutmeg, poured this over the leeks and take 2 Tab. of butter and break that over top Bake for about 30-40 min til puffed and golden...I'm making a large green salad with butter lettuce,tomatoes,avocados,and herbs from my garden, some tarragon,parsley, mint,basil, crispy fried prosciutto pieces...
kadesma:)

I have a dear friend who is always doing things for me and who I've been helping cook. She hurt her hand so I decided to make something for dinner for her and her DH.
I am making her this leek tart:
Into a pre-made or home made 9 inch pie crust I put about 4 c. of leeks that I" saute in 3 Tab of butter.Then I"ll spread 1c. of shredded Gruyere on the bottom of the pie crust,topped with the cooled leeks. I"ll whip the eggs with 2/3c. cream and a little nutmeg, poured this over the leeks and take 2 Tab. of butter and break that over top Bake for about 30-40 min til puffed and golden...I'm making a large green salad with butter lettuce,tomatoes,avocados,and herbs from my garden, some tarragon,parsley, mint,basil, crispy fried prosciutto pieces...
kadesma:)

Hope you are making one for yourself at the same time! What a nice friend you are. :angel:

I love leek tarts, and I make one very similar to yours. I like to put bacon in mine, as well as leeks and herbs. A little bacon never hurts. ;)

Hope you are making one for yourself at the same time! What a nice friend you are. :angel:

I love leek tarts, and I make one very similar to yours. I like to put bacon in mine, as well as leeks and herbs. A little bacon never hurts. ;)
I'm fond of leeks too. I had some prosciutto that I'd fried up for the salad, I should have put that in the tart...Next time either bacon or pancetta that really sound wonderful. Thanks:)
kades

I did make 2:innocent:

Back
Top Bottom