Chicken with cashew nut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I've been trying for about 4 months to get my sauce like that of the chicken and cashew nut that you get for Chinese carry out...does any one have any recipes?

I came from Thailand, and I'm familier with chicken cashew recipe!! These below are main ingerdient for chicken cashew's sauce. Most of them could be found in Chinese market or Thai market only.

Chilli paste with soya bean oil
Sesami oil
Vegetable oil
Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Black sweet sauce
Fish sauce
Sugar

I came from Thailand, and I'm familier with chicken cashew recipe!! These below are main ingerdient for chicken cashew's sauce. Most of them could be found in Chinese market or Thai market only.

Chilli paste with soya bean oil
Sesami oil
Vegetable oil
Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Black sweet sauce
Fish sauce
Sugar

All of those ingredients except the black soy sauce can be found in most well-stocked regular supermarkets these days.

But I doubt fire's Chinese takeout place uses fish sauce or chili paste.

Every restaurant's chicken with cashews will taste different. There isn't a universal recipe, though most of the time they utilize a typical brown sauce which is based on soy sauce, beef broth, oyster or hoisin sauce, sugar and corn starch.

I'd probably lean towards Oyster/Abalone sauce in a chicken recipe. Have we tried this? (I don't know what fire34fighter is currently using, so I can't really ascertain what might be the diff)

I believe this is the sauce you are looking for:

¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Heat until cornstarch thickens. Serves 1.

Back
Top Bottom