What's for dinner Tuesday 09-15-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I am taking to work some pulled pork (from the freezer), macaroni salad, yogurt and V8.

Leftovers: I made some Mexican food over the weekend, so we are eating that up. Made some enchiladas with taco meat (nothin' special, just hamburger and taco seasoning), but the interesting part was the enchilada sauce. I bought a can of cheap, Mexican red enchilada sauce, but first heated oil in a pan, then add smoked and regular paprika to the oil until dark, then added the sauce to the pan. It really made a difference. I also made a green sauce with tomatillos, cilantro, green chilies. Roasted some pork stew meat seasoned with smoked paprika and cumin seed. The first night we had flour and corn shells, two meats, two sauces, cheese, lettuce, refried beans.
For the enchiladas the next night, I dipped the corn tortillas in the sauce, then filled with taco meat and cheddar cheese. Baked with some cheese on top at the end. Had a rice-a-roni "Mexican" style pilaf with it, will reheat it tonight. I might throw the green sauce and pork in a small slow cooker and have that over the top...

i think i will be making lentil soup or lentils and pasta.

Homemade pizza! It was a second crazy day in a row at work (no dishwasher so the kitchen staff had to take turns in the pit) so I'm looking forward to a no-fuss dinner that we can enjoy while we watch Mythbusters that we recorded on Sunday!

Dinner:

Lentil soup over rice

img_850675_0_3f43aae3340a27fd1f4fa55840167bc5.jpg

LadyCook61 - something about your meal has my mouth watering! Oh wait, make that everything about your meal! Yum!

We're having a quick dinner of Everyday Macaroni & Cheese from CI's The Best Light Recipe made with sharp cheddar, steamed broccoli from the farmers market, and honeycrisp apples from the orchard down the road. Can't wait. :)

There was a change in plans. I forgot I made Mark a nice size salad as part of his lunch. So, I threw together (literally) some cooked wagon-wheel pasta and a simple sauce made from milk, butter and mozzarella cheese. Tossed in with that was a little tomato and green onion. I sliced some chicken nuggets and laid them on top. He seems to like it. It tasted pretty good.

img_850700_0_e652a4a94d20ac7e768cb121d82e32db.jpg

img_850700_1_33d3378fb5600187a5876e78b5e836aa.jpg

There was a change in plans. I forgot I made Mark a nice size salad as part of his lunch. So, I threw together (literally) some cooked wagon-wheel pasta and a simple sauce made from milk, butter and mozzarella cheese. Tossed in with that was a little tomato and green onion. I sliced some chicken nuggets and laid them on top. He seems to like it. It tasted pretty good.

img_850744_0_e652a4a94d20ac7e768cb121d82e32db.jpg

img_850744_1_33d3378fb5600187a5876e78b5e836aa.jpg
that looks great. alfredo with mozz, i never that of that.

btw wagon wheels are my favorite pasta shape since mom first made buitoni wheels for me as a little kiddie!! i miss the high protein buitoni brand 1/2 lb boxes of pasta. the spinach spaghetti twists, wagon wheels and shells were also 3 more of my favorites.

that looks great. alfredo with mozz, i never that of that.

btw wagon wheels are my favorite pasta shape since mom first made buitoni wheels for me as a little kiddie!! i miss the high protein buitoni brand 1/2 lb boxes of pasta. the spinach spaghetti twists, wagon wheels and shells were also 3 more of my favorites.
That was not what I had planned at all for dinner, believe me, but it actually turned out pretty tasty! They were just frozen chicken nugget, but they added a nice crunch to the pasta dish. I didn't think it would be good at all. When in dawned on me that I made him a big salad for lunch, I figured two salads in one day was overkill. I get so used to making him a sandwich, etc.

I love the wagon wheels too, and I have another bag! I'm going to have to use that again soon.

That was not what I had planned at all for dinner, believe me, but it actually turned out pretty tasty! They were just frozen chicken nugget, but they added a nice crunch to the pasta dish. I didn't think it would be good at all. When in dawned on me that I made him a big salad for lunch, I figured two salads in one day was overkill. I get so used to making him a sandwich, etc.

I love the wagon wheels too, and I have another bag! I'm going to have to use that again soon.
the only wagon wheel pasta i can find is Barilla picolini mini wagon wheels. i love the minis!! i use them for my pasta salad. did you see my fried left over wheels in the lunch thread a few days back? yummy!!

Last night was an impromptu very spicy quicky "Jambalaya":

1 box of Zatarain's Jambalaya rice mix cooked up with 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces & sauteed in some extra-virgin olive oil, 1 can of Rotel HOT diced tomatoes & Habanero peppers, & about a dozen sliced fresh crisp baby okra from the farmers market. Accompanied by crusty bread & a nice green salad. Delicious!!

I had a hamburger with carmelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que sauce & a side of coleslaw made with cabbage, apples, raisins & grapes. A pumpkin chocolate chip cookie with a glass of cold milk for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom