How much chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
One time I googled and found a good page where it says how much (or big) a shole chicken must be to feed 2 person, 4 person ++

It said 2 lbs = X people, 3 lbs = 4 people +++

I just bough 10 chicken that are about 1,6 lbs each.
How many people is this to?
They are so small.

Assuming that you're going to serve some side dishes with the chickens, you can probably get away with serving a half a bird per person. At approximately 1.6 pounds each, those are pretty much between Poisson & Cornish Hen size here in the U.S. Some folks would serve a whole bird per person, but with side dishes, I think that's sort of protein overkill.

Assuming that you're going to serve some side dishes with the chickens, you can probably get away with serving a half a bird per person. At approximately 1.6 pounds each, those are pretty much between Poisson & Cornish Hen size here in the U.S. Some folks would serve a whole bird per person, but with side dishes, I think that's sort of protein overkill.

I agree. Two servings per bird. The size of your birds is nice as it's not an overwhelming portion but still plentiful on the plate.

Yes, you're correct. My error. Unfortunately I realized my spelling mistake well after the window to edit posts had passed. Hopefully the OP figured out what I meant.

A good rule of thumb is to plan 8oz (or 1/2 lb) of poultry per person. That assumes bone in meat though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom