Microwave babys milk vs heating in saucepan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenwaredirect

Assistant Cook
Hello friends,
I hope you are happy

Is it risky to microwave your babys milk rather than heat up it in a saucepan? What dose the microwave do to?

Please give me suggestion on my above question...

Yes it is risky. We were told never to microwave anything you are giving your baby. the reason is the the microwave can cause uneven heating so you may test the food or liquid to see it if is hot and it could feel fine to you, but when the baby goes to drink or eat they could get a part that got hotter than the rest and get burned. There is no healthy risk associated with microwave cooking for babies, only issues with temperature.

Microwaves create hot spots in the food they are heating, they don't heat the entire amount of milk evenly to one temperature. Those hot spots can exceed safe temperatures, causing the destruction of essential nutrients for baby.

I heard the same thing about why not to microwave the baby formula. I was told to warm it using a sauce pan. My method was I would heat my 4 cup measuring cup half filled with water in the microwave to almost boiling., take it out and place baby bottle in measuring cup and allow to sit for a few minutes to get to proper safe temperature.

I nuked. hot spots are easy to even out. shake and wait a bit then shake again. Trickier is getting the time just right for the right temp. There were some times I had to wait for it to cool down a bit

My daughter actually just drank the formula cold. I don't think there's any real reason to warm it, other than the baby's preference.

Back
Top Bottom