What are you having for Dinner, Sunday, 9-27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are going to have pork chunks in a mushroom/wine sauce over mashed potatoes or rice, fresh vegetables and a tomato/cucumber salad. I may even make some rolls is time permits.

We are going to have pork chunks in a mushroom/wine sauce over mashed potatoes or rice, fresh vegetables and a tomato/cucumber salad. I may even make some rolls is time permits.

but...but, If ya don't make rolls, what on Earth are ya gonna sop up the gravy with??? :ermm:

:LOL:

Not sure yet but a afternoon snak will be Terrine of Pork.

Pork is from a Boston Butt / meat from trotters stock made from pork trotters. Trotters were blanced then cooked with garlic, ginger and salt.

3959128834_0b20ed3989.jpg

had mine already, had turkey with garlic sauce, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, swede carrots and green beans

ready for desert now haha

Not sure yet but a afternoon snak will be Terrine of Pork.

Pork is from a Boston Butt / meat from trotters stock made from pork trotters. Trotters were blanced then cooked with garlic, ginger and salt.

3959128834_0b20ed3989.jpg
trotters? pig feet? they make good gelatine for aspic.

trotters? pig feet? they make good gelatine for aspic.

Yep. I blanced them for 30 minutes dumped the water washed them, then cooked them for a few hours to extract the gelatine. Strained the stock poured it over the cooked meat put in fridge overnight.

a beef roast is in the oven with potatoes and squash, onions, and mushrooms. I made stock the other day, so am braising with that.

Back
Top Bottom