Star Fruit and fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
I've also found a fish recipe using star fruit, but they don't tell you ow long to cook the fish.

So does anyone have any recipes for starfruit & fish?

I'm using talapia fish.

You could go very simple and just salt and pepper the fish, then lay thin slices of star fruit over and bake until the fish is done. Went you can stick a fork into the fish and it flakes apart then it is done.

Baked Fish Fillets With Star Fruit

2 tablespoons softened butter
2 fairly lean fish fillets, about 1/2 pound each, about 1/2 inch thick
salt and white pepper to taste
2 very small star fruit
lime juice to taste

Preheat oven to 450F. Select a baking dish to hold fillets in a single layer. Spread a little less than half the butter in the dish. Set fillets on butter. Add salt and pepper. Cut off star fruit tips. Slice fruit thin; arrange on fish. Dot with remaining butter. Taste star fruit; if rather sweet, sprinkle with a healthy dose of lime juice; if tart, a smaller amount. Bake for about 8 minutes, until fish just becomes opaque in the center. It will continue to bake in the dish, so do not overcook. Serve at once.

I've also decided to cook more with fruits and veggies, the more exotic they are the better. ( since I have to be on a diet I'm at least going to cook the way I want too but with out the salt.

And here's the link for the starfruit recipes
http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/fruit/starfruit.html

You could go very simple and just salt and pepper the fish, then lay thin slices of star fruit over and bake until the fish is done. Went you can stick a fork into the fish and it flakes apart then it is done.
Thank you GB, I forgot I could use the K.I.S.S rule :)

I'd say filet of tilapia or flounder would work nicely with this recipe. Either one of the fish doesn't have strong favor, so it will pull on the flavor you are trying to add, star fruit in this case. And 8 minutes might be just enough.

hey give a russian guy a brake, my english is not so good, and my pc doesn't type very well, i meant to say make sure it is cooked thru.

717771517_FqhCZ-S.jpg

717771097_vQCFS-S.jpg

717771715_d7gzR-S.jpg

717771984_sahDi-S.jpg

Un - done fish
717772182_NHtnZ-S.jpg

Done fish
717772420_bAEQf-S.jpg

I love roasting pineapple chunks...does star fruit react as well in a roasting environment? It seems so delicate to me...

I love roasting pineapple chunks...does star fruit react as well in a roasting environment? It seems so delicate to me...
Delicate is not a word I would normally associate with star fruit. The outer skin is fairly tough so it can hold together well.

I think I'm aleric to Star fruit, The first night I had a few bites I was itching every where, The second night I had star fruit I had the runs, And the very last night I had star fruit with my fish I had the itches all over and my whole body was red as a stop light.

So I don't know if I want to try star fruit again.

ummm, nope, wouldn't eat it again. surprised you did, I would have stopped eating it after the first night and definitely after the second night, but to try it again a third time?????

ummm, nope, wouldn't eat it again. surprised you did, I would have stopped eating it after the first night and definitely after the second night, but to try it again a third time?????
Well the first night I tried it, I thought I was having my normal runs, I have a sensitive stumic so I thought I was just sensitivity issue. So that's the reason I tried the stuff 3 different times. But if its all natural I shouldn't have any reactions what so ever right?

Back
Top Bottom