Poking Fun at Ourselves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I had a dorky moment earlier this week. I was pretending I was a gazelle and leaping with gay abandon up a flight of stairs, slipped and bent my big toe back so far I injured the joint below. OWIE! As if that weren't dorky enough, I was trying to avoid my 95lb puppy leaping around my kitchen and managed to stub the injured toe on the DOG! Yeesh.

I'll share my other humourous moments if anyone else wants to share a moment or two. I don't want to be alone in being a goof.

Anyone?

Well, there was that time I set the pot of sauce down on the counter trivet.....
but somehow turned away from the counter, and ended up just dropping it
on the kitchen floor instead.

SPLAT-KLANNNNGGGG! Gravy tidal wave!

GF, I guess you and I are the only ones who have done stuff like that. Your trivet story reminds me of my turkey soup episode. Made a huge vat of turkey soup and poured 4 liters of it into an ice cream pail so I could freeze it (outside on the deck). As I was carrying the bucket the handle broke, pail fell, and a tidal wave of turkey soup went across my kitchen floor. The cat skittered away so fast poor thing. I think I burnt her feet.

My sister and BIL came to dinner and I was making chicken marsala with spaghetti for dinner. The chicken was ready and the pasta was just finishing up. I picked up the pot to pour the water and pasta into a large colander in the sink.

No, I didn't miss the sink, I just missed the colander. About half the cooked pasta went down the drain with the boiling water. We all had chicken marsala but only two out of four had pasta with it.

Sis heard some of her least favorite words that night.

Taking the Red Baron Mexican pizza out of the oven, never had one really wanted one... it slid off the pizza pan and slid down the cabinets to the floor, toppings down, of course.

I salvaged a bite of the toppings... and was glad it died. Went out and got my regular frozen pizza, LOL!

Okay, mine is not food related but I was singing in the church choir one Sunday morning. I was on the back row on the end by the steps. I was having a hard time seeing the director over the tall person in front of me. I took a step to the side and you guessed it. Stepped right off the risers and fell on my beehind. Fortunately it's fairly well padded and I didn't get hurt but my face was as red as my robe.

I was making a sweet spicy sauce for shrimp, and couldn't think of why it wasn't thickening. I kept loading in the cornstarch for the next hour trying to get it to thicken.

Turned up the heat a bit, and it turned into a massive hard blob. The sauce actually pulled away from the pan and formed a ball. Yum.... jellied spicy shrimp sauce.

A few weeks ago I was dancing around the kitchen while Nick was doing the dishes and I tripped on my own pants, and the only thing that saved me was my flailing arms and SUPERB balance... haha...

Things like this last one happen almost daily for me in one form or another.

I just knocked an unbaked pan of brown sugar domino shortbread face down on the floor. I picked it up, dusted it off and put it in the oven. I'm eating them even if no one else will. Geez!

Back
Top Bottom