Polish - Kutia on Christmas Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasia

Senior Cook
Hello !

It's nice here :) I've prepared a popular meal on Christmas Eve in Poland - Kutia. It's delicious - www.foodfrompoland.blogspot.com

Ingredients:
- poppy glass
- glass grains of wheat
- 1 / 2 cup honey
- 1 / 2 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 1 / 2 cup raisins

Soak wheat, boil, drain and cool. Poppy pour boiling water and leave to swell. After pouring the water, twice in a food processor grind the poppy, add honey dissolved, washed and dried currants, chopped nuts and wheat. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Kutie carry into bowls.

Presov is in Slovakia, Cracow is in Poland, but in the past time there was Galicja. Nowdays Galicja is the historical name :)

Thank-you. I wasn't asking how many glasses, I was asking what was a "glass." That measurement is not a common American cooking term.
Your recipes are interesting, but again, they lose something in the translation. Sorry.

It's only a problem if I wanted to try any of your recipes... They sound interesting, but it's hard to understand. I also don't seem to be able to ask questions that lead to understanding...

I've asked you questions about your recipes and you don't answer them. so, no more questions from me.

I've asked you questions about your recipes and you don't answer them. so, no more questions from me.

Ok, sorry. Glass of water, glass of milk , it's about 250 ml water, it's about 250 ml milk. In Poland , the glass is small dish for tea, milk, water to drink.

Back
Top Bottom