What's for Dinner Boxing Day (Dec 26th)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We're going to my MIL's place for a repeat of Christmas dinner with the rest of DH's family. Turkey etc and the works.

We're just going to go with turkey soup for lunch today as I think some of the kiddos might want to hit the malls for the big sales. (Boxing Day in Canada is like Black Friday in the US)

What's for Dinner, Saturday December 26th?

Here in Canada, today is called Boxing day. I don't know the origins of it but it has become the day to return Christmas gifts and find huge bargains with which to spend your Christmas money. I use it as a day to unwind after all the hustle and bustle of Christmas day and the weeks of preparation.

I also look forward to cooking comfort food on Boxing day. I leave the leftovers for the rest of the week. I think tonight it will be beef dip with au jus, oven wedge fries and salad.

What are you having!

Leftovers today! Yum.

Boxing day here - I've spent plenty already but still need to go out and get some linen for the spare room.

I just reheated the ribs from the rib roast with some steak marinade, catsup, brown sugar, and dried onions.... very messy but oh sooooo yummy!

I think I will try a recipe for Ham and Potato soup I found on the net.

dinner at a restaurant. the booth was soaked, so they cleaned that, then jake noticed the table was sticky, so then they cleaned THAT. my steak, oversalted so i gave most of that to jake. we both got smashed taters that weren't like potatoes should be, moldy, maybe,? so he got a 2nd dish & those were the same, i replaced mine & got a salad with italian & there was so much seasoning i shunned that. french onion soup for him, so many dagnabbin onions there was a pile in the cup sans broth. veggies were so undercooked they were crunchy. those were bland & unseasoned. the drafts were fine. my after-dinner drink wasn't. the waitresses/servers were harried & disheveled. we probably won't be dining at thier restaurants soon.

Since my son works nights he doesn't get to cook as often as he would like, so last night was a special treat since he and I had a chance to cook together for the first time in a long time. Fried pork chops with caramelized onion gravy, white rice, corn, green beans almondine, homemade whole wheat yeast rolls.

Leftovers: Eye round and burgundy gravy, pan fried leftover baked potato and veggies and pasta shells with garlic and olive oil.

img_867983_0_c46ea091cce7888cfd70e5ccc747b702.jpg

"New" Pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
(daughter and i made the pie at 1AM xmas night)

img_867983_1_73f93a5417b709f0671a352843976d3e.jpg

Leftovers: Eye round and burgundy gravy, pan fried leftover baked potato and veggies and pasta shells with garlic and olive oil.

img_868036_0_c46ea091cce7888cfd70e5ccc747b702.jpg

"New" Pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
(daughter and i made the pie at 1AM xmas night)

img_868036_1_73f93a5417b709f0671a352843976d3e.jpg
msmofet!!!!!!!!! Stop posting pictures! LOL Your leftovers and pie make me drool! :pig:

Back
Top Bottom