Holiday Pet Ghost Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Can't resist telling you all about what happened the other day. Many of you have followed my story of losing my dog, finding her after over a week, etc., and finally having to put her down (she was ancient and had doggie dementia, so when the time came, it was right).

Well, we live in a very old house (1854), and our main bathroom door does not latch very well. It is also our mud room, our utility room, our laundry room. Keiki always loved that room, loved to come in and smell the dirty laundry, sit there as I'd shower or anyone would do their business if they didn't latch the door.

I was folding clothes and the door opened just slightly. I turned and started to say to her, "Keiki, Cxxxxx Almightly, you are such a nosey little doggie!" Well, of course I realized Keiki has been dead for a few months, it was just reaction.

OK, that's kind of normal. But then I walked to the other end of the house, and my husband said, "Claire, I swear I could hear Keiki whining in the kitchen!"

Had to laugh. If you would actually latch the bathroom door, she would often stand with her nose to it and whine to get into the bathroom.

So, did we get a visit from my little doggie for Christmas?

Back
Top Bottom