ISO ideas for vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LUNA

Assistant Cook
can anybody advise how to deal with carrot, 3 different kind of squashs, zucchine? i tried to sliced them in small pieces and try to cook it into oil and then add ginger powder...and then pour on some teriyaki sauce...the result was not that bad...but neither excellent....does anybody have some ideas about this issue?

cut into larger pieces and roast. they will be yummy as just a side dish. no sauce needed.

check google for times and temp for roasting. gone out of my head at the moment.

can anybody advise how to deal with carrot, 3 different kind of squashs, zucchine? i tried to sliced them in small pieces and try to cook it into oil and then add ginger powder...and then pour on some teriyaki sauce...the result was not that bad...but neither excellent....does anybody have some ideas about this issue?
Luna,
If it were me I'd fix the carrot separate from the squashes..I'd slice them then give them a good go in boiling water. When them start to soften, I'd drain them then put them in a skillet with some butter,and brown sugar and if you like it some ginger. Cook to your taste..The squashes, I'd slice into rounds saute some onion and garlic, in evoo, then add your sqaushes add, salt and pepper, some beaten eggs and either parmesan cheese or cheese of choice.Put in oven proof skillet or dish and bake til eggs are set.
kadesma

Luna,
If it were me I'd fix the carrot separate from the squashes..I'd slice them then give them a good go in boiling water. When them start to soften, I'd drain them then put them in a skillet with some butter,and brown sugar and if you like it some ginger. Cook to your taste..The squashes, I'd slice into rounds saute some onion and garlic, in evoo, then add your sqaushes add, salt and pepper, some beaten eggs and either parmesan cheese or cheese of choice.Put in oven proof skillet or dish and bake til eggs are set.
kadesma
thank u very much for answering first of all....actually i would really like to do some combinations of veggies, i mean u suggest not to mix carrots and squash...so can u give me some good combonations with other veggies for carrot and also for squash?

Welcome, LUNA! I like to roast veggies, especially if I have something else in the oven. Sometimes it's been planned, other times I'll pull out whatever. I've mixed zucchini and yellow squash, cut into thick discs, along with baby carrots, whole mushrooms, red and/or green peppers, broccoli and asparagus. Mix with olive oil and seasonings (I've used S&P or Italian seasoning mix, each with tasty results), place into a large pan (one layer of veggies is best) and roast at 450 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring once or twice during roasting time. Enjoy!

Pizza! I've got buckets of pumpkin that I've needed to use, so I came up with this pizza. It would be great with any kind of winter squash or zucchini and you could munch on the carrots while the pizza bakes =)

Pumpkin Pizza:

use all and every type of veggie in your fridge, plus some potatoes, both white and orange....roast until light brown, mixing every so often...and don't forget some salt, pepper and garlic....when done and still warm, before serving, spinkle with some balsamic vinegar.......to die for!!!!!

How about a nice veggie soup?

I like pan seared carrots and zucchini. Slice both and brown in butter add the zucchini to the pan a few minutes after the carrots as it cooks faster. Finish with some lemon, black pepper and fresh sage.

As for the squash... what kinds? Hard squashes are wonderful roasted and then mashed with butter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom