Chopping Broccoli for soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I've got a bunch of fresh broccoli florets that I need to use up. I want to make broccoli cheese soup and found an easy recipe on Allrecipes. What would be the quickest, easiest way to chop these up for soup? Food processor, knife?

I have made broccoli cheese soup before and didn't puree it because I wanted pieces of broccoli. I just chopped it finely with a knife, it was quick and easy and less to clean up (always a plus!)

I just hack it up, with the small parts of the stems, simmer it in stock with some onion, add cream/milk put it and through a food processor or blender as Andy says. Never thought of processing is small before hand. Will have to try that. Thanks, Andy!

My favorite part of the broccoli is the stems, trimmed and partially peeled, chopped small, I like the taste and texture of it better than the flowerette parts. So I trim and peel them, then chop up the stems starting at the bottom and working to the flowerettes and cook them first, then make the flowerettes small enough to fit in a bite, then I add them, they cook fast. Hope that helps.

The soup came out great. Thanks everyone. I did not use the food processor or the knife. I pulled out my chop wizard for the onion but didn't think about it for the broccoli. I used that and it came out just right and was easy. DH had seconds and thirds on the soup. Even I had seconds last night. Now I know how versatile the chop wizard is!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom