My Beef Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I made some stew and it turned out delicious. I didn't use a recipe, I'm more of a experimental cook. ;)

Beef cut into chunks
White potatoes cut into chunks
Carrots cut into chunks

Salted the beef , put in enamel cast iron pot with a little olive oil, sear the beef... Added water to loosen the fond, added the potatoes, and carrots, then added enough water to cover the meat, taters and carrots then added Tone's beef soup base, Malabar black pepper, mexican oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, powdered burgundy wine, simmered the stew for about 3 hrs. To thicken the stew , I added potato flour towards the end of cooking. :chef:

LC,
this sounds so good. I've made a copy will give it a try. DH adores stew and French bread to sop up the gravey. Thank you.
kades

Is my recipe a Stew or a Soup?

-----

1 lb of Beef cut into 1/2~3/4 in cubes
One cup of each: Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Onion

Season beef with McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning, and brown in a skillet. Cut veggies into cubes also. Once beef is browned, put it all in a slow cooker, or stock pot on your oven. Add enuff water to just cover it all evenly. Mix in stew seasoning (McCormicks, other, homemade..). Add in your fav thickener. Slow cook till meat is tender.

-----

Thats pretty much how I make that dish.

"Is my recipe a Stew or a Soup?"

Among some it is said there is no difference. If you think about it, what IS the difference ? What Selkie said is true, and that is how we take it, but look at so many things. Say a cream of tomato soup. Throw in some meat and it is soup with meat. It is still thicker than a stew. (some)

Even if you decide to draw a line somewhere, in what do you draw it ?

T

She hasn't been on my radar for fifteen years or so but I remember Rachel Ray used to think it was real cute to call them stoups. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom