Thursday 02/11/2010 What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
Good morning all!
Just wondering what's on the menu for today.

I've already got some chicken cooked and later gonna shred it up and make a nice batch of chicken soup. Got a horrible sore throat and I need comfort food. Probably have a grilled cheese sandwich with that.

Tonight I'll be baking some cod with lemon-dill breadcrumbs, and making some whole wheat spaghetti with broccoli rabe and garlic. Can't wait! Opening an Austrian Riesling to go with. :)

Cajun citrus baked salmon, with mushroom sweet pepper wilted sesame spinach, and kicked up wild rice.
One of our favorite meals!

I suppose we will have something very easy. Dh is tearing down all the wallpaper in the kitchen and cleaning the walls in preparation for painting. We haven't decided just how to paint it yet but are a bit tired of wallpaper. I want the kitchen to look less busy (at least things other than me).

Considering chicken breasts stuffed with fontina and mushrooms. If "easy" wins out I'll cook them on the griddler instead, then smother with sauteed mushrooms and cheese. Will make parsley garlic red potatoes and sauteed zucchini to go-with. Maybe strawberry shortcake for dessert...gotta make the shortcakes but that's one time I use a mix.;)

I have a good sized chuck roast going in wine and broth,onions,garlic, when it's time to serve I'll add several bunches of mint. Then we will put pieces of the meat and a lot of the mint broth over thick slices of French bread. When we have this we just have a simple green salad. I can't get anyone to go for veggies, they just can't get enough of the bread and meat broth. A nice glass of wine and that's it. Dessert is pine nut cookies.
kadesma

I have a good sized chuck roast going in wine and broth,onions,garlic, when it's time to serve I'll add several bunches of mint. Then we will put pieces of the meat and a lot of the mint broth over thick slices of French bread. When we have this we just have a simple green salad. I can't get anyone to go for veggies, they just can't get enough of the bread and meat broth. A nice glass of wine and that's it. Dessert is pine nut cookies.
kadesma

Kadesma?

Is what your making called "Soupish" Portuguese dish?

Munky.

I made meat sauce for spaghetti yesterday for tonight's diner and it turned out just great. I actually was very proud of my self. Not because it is something unusual to make, but because due to some dietery restriction, cannot mix meat and dairy, I could not taste it and it came perfect. Yum.

Kadesma?

Is what your making called "Soupish" Portuguese dish?

Munky.
Yes it is. I love it and look forward to it as often as I can get it.Mine is rather hit and miss,but in spring when the festa's start emmmmm.
kades

Yes it is. I love it and look forward to it as often as I can get it.Mine is rather hit and miss,but in spring when the festa's start emmmmm.
kades

A-HA!!!! :) I thought so, the mint leaves tipped me off.

My Mother in law used to make it for my husband all the time. She wrote the recipe down for me.. I lost it somewhere.

I did a search in the Ethnic section, didn't see it. Do you have a recipe for it somewhere else here? He'd love it if I surprised him with a batch of it.

Thank you
Munky.

I can't believe how tired I am... Ditched making the chicken, etc. Ended up slicing last night's pork and reheating in mushroom gravy. Put that over buttered noodles and added green beans on the side. DH is thrilled with noodles, so dinner was a winner!

I made a sausage/ground beef stew. On the side, rolls -n- butter and crackers.

img_877623_0_a22ff5572e578b7d784ea72aff483f58.jpg

img_877623_1_7a5ab9cf5be0624781de43f44d1679b9.jpg

we dined upon red lentil soup w potatoes and kale, mesclun salad, Neal's Yard Stilton and crackers. Dang that is good cheese!

A new lady from our church, who I have only gotten to know recently, brought over the most delicious ham & pineapple pizza either Dad or I have ever tasted. There was no sauce, just 3 cheeses, some fresh herbs and ham and pineapple. The crust was not too thick but very tender. And it was just the right size for the two of us. She also made a gluten free soy cheese version for DH to take to work with him.

Other than the back splash (which we can't decide on the right tiles for), my kitchen reno is completed. DH finished painting today. I am still too weak to cook a whole meal, but it was really nice working in the shiny white sparkling clean kitchen just baking the pizza tonight. Makes me feel better already!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom