What's cooking Sunday February 14, 2010 (Valentines Day)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not sure if we are going out to eat or if I am making steaks or pasta.

what about you?

Not sure yet... didn't do the meal planning or shopping yesterday, so I'm going to work on that this morning..maybe something with chicken?

Steaks here. Not sure if I want to do them in the CI skillet or on the grill outside. Might have to go outside since there's no snow on the grill, and it should get up to 39 degrees. I can grill in that. Plus I need to do 6 steaks.

We will be having fillets that are about 1-1/2 in. thick, will cut them into bite sized pieces wrap them in prosciutto and sear in a hot skillet, with that, fresh pasta I made, tossed with a variety of mushrooms, sauteed in butter.garlic,shallots and a splash of white wine. Starters roasted eggplant rounds on toasted French baguette then topped with mozzarella. Green salad and dessert will be apples,pears and cheese.
kadesma

Looks like steaks are the winner today!

I will be grilling a dry brined porterhouse steak and serving it with baked potatoes with garlic butter, sour cream and bacon. Steamed asparagus will be the veggie of the day.

It looks like asparagus is the veggie of the day. We had roasted turkey breast, cheesy mashed potatoes, roast asparagus, cucumber and onion salad and Sister Shubert rolls, Apple cake for dessert.

Not sure yet... didn't do the meal planning or shopping yesterday, so I'm going to work on that this morning..maybe something with chicken?

Keeping it simple, roast chicken, cornbread dressing, roasted asparagus (the veggie of the day it seems) with garlic and olive oil. I'm going to spatchcock the chicken and lay it over a bed of celery and carrots.

We had dinner at our favorite steak house. NY strip steak perfectly grilled to medium, mushroom caps and a salad. Yummy!!

We're going to have extra large Gulf shrimp sauteed in a garlic/white wine/butter sauce with brown rice and sauteed asparagus. Decadent dark chocolate cake for dessert.

My SO was given some samples of Teese, a vegan dairy-free cheese substitute, and instructed to make recipes using them and blog those recipes -- so, she asked me to make her risotto tonight and we would add one of the Teese samples. I conjured up this risotto with onions, red peppers, white wine, green chile, and "Nacho Cheese"-flavored Teese. It turned out a lot better than I expected, and my girlfriend loved it! She took pictures and will be blogging it soon.

To go with the meal, she made roast asparagus with garlic and these really awesome tasting grilled portabello mushrooms. It was a really nice Valentine's spent together in the kitchen.

Wednesday night I saw another duck at the store (frozen) so I grabbed it with the idea it could sit in the freezer until we wanted duck again (I had done one just the past Sunday). Kathleen decided she would love roast duck for Vday so it went into the fridge to start thawing.

I made duck liver pate to start (lucky me the duck had two livers), went on to a cream of mushroom soup, a simple salad with a nice balsamic basil dressing, roast duck served with fried potatos and sauteed green beans. I had some fried pears for dessert served with some french vanilla ice cream.

We spent about 6 hours eating, cooking, shoveling snow around a car that stole my spot. It was a good day.

Attachments

• vday01.jpg
    vday01.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 143
  • vday02.jpg
    vday02.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 141
  • vday03.jpg
    vday03.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom