What's for Supper this Sunday, 2-21-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I am planning a pork roast with potatoes to be done in the crock-pot... not sure of the vegie yet.. probably carrots.

What are you going to have tonight?

good question VB:)

I have had a couple of surprises so far this morning....the first was I was not mentally prepared to greet the package of beef I opened...it was a pound and a half of something labeled "beef slices for jerky" from the outside it looked like bite sized pieces of beef....wrong.....it was 6 sheets of pure beef, good enough to make a person want to eat raw beef.. I went ahead and put it in my favorite marinade and will probably make a stir fry..

the second surprise was a milk/cheese experiment. I thought I was making a fresh chevre, with a recently cultured "buttermilk" product. I used a dry culture packet that said it could be used to make buttermilk, but was promimently labeled "fromage". well, it was not buttermilklike in the least....looks like I made a large pot of fromage......back to the kitchen....:LOL:

& a roast for jake- guy's nite, so i'm crockpotting 1 for him. i posted before we discussed that- baby potatoes, carrot, onion, celery.
then leftover roast beef/gravy sammiches.

Defrosting a tub of tomato sauce with sausages and meatballs. We'll have that over a hearty pasta along with a salad.

If i get out to the store it will be pork roast with sauerkraut, potatoes and a carrots, it not it will be pierogie, kielbasa and cabbage.

My freezer was getting empty, so this is a cook ahead Sunday.

Bean soup is cooking in a 6 quart slow cooker. Corned Beef for sandwiches is cooking in a 4 quart slow cooker. Beef stew is simmering on the stove.

Supper will be a glass of wine, mini French bread loaf and a taste of everything else.

this is a cook ahead Sunday.

I have pizza dough rising, Marinara sauce simmering for Pepperoni Rolls. [FONT=&quot]Cilantro [/FONT]Lime Rice cooling to go into Burritos. I also have some chicken tenderloins, ground pork and ground beef that I need to repackage and freeze. I may even do something with some of that. :chef:

If i get out to the store it will be pork roast with sauerkraut, potatoes and a carrots, it not it will be pierogie, kielbasa and cabbage.

We had pierogie, kielbasa and steamed cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli.

Fried chicken, steamed mixed veggies, mashed taters (with butter, sour cream and chives) and gravy.

img_879567_0_505085017810be319bbbc8d38aaa9e76.jpg

Almost 2 AM and thanks to you, VB, I now have a taste for pork roast.:LOL: The potatoes (Yukon gold?) look good ; did you roast them with the pork?

I used part of the 8 quarts of spaghetti sauce I made during the past week and we did spaghetti with salad....and two bottles of wine for four of us. FWIW the "Two Buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's tasted better than the $15.00 bottle of Portuguese red table wine. Well it tasted much better at the wine store.:( BIL & DH went to a movie today and they picked a cherry pie up on the way home...now I want to make a from-scratch pie.:glare: I'll freeze some of the sauce and use the rest to assemble a few pans of lasagna for the freezer now...and our tummies later.

My freezer was getting empty, so this is a cook ahead Sunday.

Bean soup is cooking in a 6 quart slow cooker. Corned Beef for sandwiches is cooking in a 4 quart slow cooker. Beef stew is simmering on the stove.

Supper will be a glass of wine, mini French bread loaf and a taste of everything else.
Welcome, KBob! I missed a fellow Buckeye when you first signed up (DH and I are living in exile at the moment :LOL:). I must say I like your first choice of nourishment for dinner tonight...wine!

Almost 2 AM and thanks to you, VB, I now have a taste for pork roast.:LOL: The potatoes (Yukon gold?) look good ; did you roast them with the pork?

I used part of the 8 quarts of spaghetti sauce I made during the past week and we did spaghetti with salad....and two bottles of wine for four of us. FWIW the "Two Buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's tasted better than the $15.00 bottle of Portuguese red table wine. Well it tasted much better at the wine store.:( BIL & DH went to a movie today and they picked a cherry pie up on the way home...now I want to make a from-scratch pie.:glare: I'll freeze some of the sauce and use the rest to assemble a few pans of lasagna for the freezer now...and our tummies later.
The pork roast and yukon gold potatoes were done in the crock-pot.

The last pie I made was a blueberry pie.... that was ages ago.
img_879601_0_c10bb96cca09d3e4c56e3e84cc147d79.jpg

Now, if I made a pie, I would have to eat it myself or not use sugar. My SO was diagnosed with Diabetes not too long after.

Back
Top Bottom