My Favourite Part of the Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki

Senior Cook
Lunch hour at work.
It's great. It takes for ever for it to come, and it passes way too fast. But it is by far my favourite part of the work day. (Except for 5pm. THAT is the best part truly...)
But it's nice, to come online. And eat. And talk to other food lovers/cooks/etc.
Sadly, my hour is up, and I must get back to the grind...
At least I take my lunch break from 2-3, so that I feel like my day is shorter...(2 hours until I get to leave the office!)
Hope everyone is having a nice day! I feel spring just around the corner...

-This has been a pointless post brought to you by me.-

:chef::angel:

My favorite part is when dialysis is over and Ethan comes home from kindergarten, Olivia or Carson are here for there day with ma..it makes everything sparkle and warm.
kadesma

What used to be my least favorite time of day has become, since my husband retired, my favorite. That is to say, those insomniac hours when it seems like the only person in the world awake is me. There is no noise, just me and my recliner, my afghan, and a good book. No TV, no nothing. It is when I most miss my pets (which, I might add, would miff me off to no end when they were with me for making me get up!). But I often watch the sun rise, listen to a train roll through town (love the sound of the train), and just enjoy the sounds of nature and silence. When I was younger, I resented those hours (because I'd fall asleep maybe an hour before I had to get up and go to work, leaving me groggy). But now it is blessed alone time.

My favourite time is morning, when I wake up and I see sun pouring through the window, I feel energetic and happy I don't know why.

Picture it 3:30-4:00 am, a fresh cup of coffee, the sofa all to myself (& Vixen my kitty), my other kitty Gizmo curled up on the ottoman against my feet and in between the silence I hear an ocassional snore from either my husband, son, mother, dog, and yes even my cat. And if the horses notice the kitchen light on they start to rattle their feed bins against the wall of their stalls in hopes that I will come out early to feed them their breakfast. Sometimes it gets so quiet I can even hear the dog fart. That is truly my best time of day!

my best time of day is on a day that i get something done. sewing, cooking whatever. i feel useful and engaged in life at my age. sewing for the wee ones is the best. oh and any day i sleep in, lol.

i enjoyed it. what's for dinner?

I don't remember what I had for dinner that night, but last night it was a mixture of:
snow peas
orange bell pepper
red onion
garlic
brown rice
zucchini
cayenne pepper
white wine vinegar and ev olive oil
beansprouts
("chef jono's") spicy mango sauce (bought from the toronto spicy food festival mmmmm)

cook rice in pot, set aside.
cook all ingredients except bean sprouts in a frying pan with ev olive oil. add vinegar half way through until onions are getting softer (about 10 minutes)
add bean sprouts, cook for five more minutes.
add the rice, cook for five more minutes.
serve! :)
yum. :chef:

this is also what i am eating for lunch as i type this... :D

What used to be my least favorite time of day has become, since my husband retired, my favorite. That is to say, those insomniac hours when it seems like the only person in the world awake is me. There is no noise, just me and my recliner, my afghan, and a good book. No TV, no nothing. It is when I most miss my pets (which, I might add, would miff me off to no end when they were with me for making me get up!). But I often watch the sun rise, listen to a train roll through town (love the sound of the train), and just enjoy the sounds of nature and silence. When I was younger, I resented those hours (because I'd fall asleep maybe an hour before I had to get up and go to work, leaving me groggy). But now it is blessed alone time.

that sounds so nice....... :)

all of these sound absolutely amazing! :D
I'll take one of each moment, please! :)
<3

Back
Top Bottom