Broccoli and health benefits...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldcoot

Senior Cook
Carnivore, this one's for yoou!!

BERKELEY – Those seeking yet another reason to eat their veggies, take note. Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, have found that a chemical produced when digesting such greens as broccoli and kale can stifle the growth of human prostate cancer cells.

Additonally, a recent article stated that broccolli has proven to eliminate nematode activity in the soil - something previously attained only by the use of hichly toxic fumigants. (They plowed under the remains of the plants after harvesting the flower buds).

so if the "chemical produced" while digesting that nasty stuff is so great, why can't i just drink a shot of the chemical every day?
I don't believe anything scientists say. You can prove anything as long as you have a graph and a piechart.
Speaking of which, I just made my own graph. It shows that 100% of carnivores say "broccolli sucks."
:P

PS. All I really got out of that article is that broccolli is basically a "highly toxic fumigant" :LOL:

Your graph, Aaron, just like those you allude to, errs: my dog, a 10 yr old, 110 lb carnivore, enjoys eating broccoli.

(And has neither prostate cancer nor nematodes!!)

Back
Top Bottom